Mailing List Archive

Hi, I'm a daft Newbie!
After see posts like this:

> Anyone know what's happening with mythweb? The last commits I see in
> CVS are about 4 weeks old...... Is it dead or what?

I just have to ask the question: what ARE the Myth components? MythTV,
MythMusic, MythGame, MythWeb, etc?!

I know about MythTV, and can pretty much figure out MythMusic, but what is
MythGame and MythWeb? Any plans for MythDishwasher or MythAbsOfSteel?

Confused, I'm sure...
Jeremy
Re: Hi, I'm a daft Newbie! [ In reply to ]
On Monday 28 October 2002 04:49 pm, Jeremy Oddo wrote:
> After see posts like this:
> > Anyone know what's happening with mythweb? The last commits I see in
> > CVS are about 4 weeks old...... Is it dead or what?
>
> I just have to ask the question: what ARE the Myth components? MythTV,
> MythMusic, MythGame, MythWeb, etc?!
>
> I know about MythTV, and can pretty much figure out MythMusic, but what is
> MythGame and MythWeb? Any plans for MythDishwasher or MythAbsOfSteel?

Mythfrontend = main control center
Mythepg = myth electronic program guide
MythTV = TV viewer
Mythweb = browser frontend to the database, ie set recordings when away from
home
Mythgame = frontend to mame (arcade emulator)
Mythmusic = music player/ripper

Randy
Re: Hi, I'm a daft Newbie! [ In reply to ]
On Monday 28 October 2002 06:59 pm, Randy Page wrote:
> On Monday 28 October 2002 04:49 pm, Jeremy Oddo wrote:
> > After see posts like this:
> > > Anyone know what's happening with mythweb? The last commits I see in
> > > CVS are about 4 weeks old...... Is it dead or what?

I'm not sure -- hopefully Thor will have more time to work on it sometime
soon. I'd do some work on it, 'cept my knowledge of PHP is very small, so
it's slow going for me..

> > I just have to ask the question: what ARE the Myth components? MythTV,
> > MythMusic, MythGame, MythWeb, etc?!
> >
> > I know about MythTV, and can pretty much figure out MythMusic, but what
> > is MythGame and MythWeb? Any plans for MythDishwasher or MythAbsOfSteel?
>
> Mythfrontend = main control center
> Mythepg = myth electronic program guide
> MythTV = TV viewer
> Mythweb = browser frontend to the database, ie set recordings when away
> from home
> Mythgame = frontend to mame (arcade emulator)
> Mythmusic = music player/ripper

And mythgallery's a really simple image viewer/slideshow app (which I'd like
to know if there's any features people would want for it, btw).

Isaac
Re: Hi, I'm a daft Newbie! [ In reply to ]
> Mythfrontend = main control center
> Mythepg = myth electronic program guide
> MythTV = TV viewer
> Mythweb = browser frontend to the database, ie set recordings when away
> from home
> Mythgame = frontend to mame (arcade emulator)
> Mythmusic = music player/ripper

Great! That's what I was looking for. Is there a tight list like this
one up on the website? Have I been passing it up? And now I see why you
want MythWeb...schedule recordings remote is pretty cool.

Still no word on MythAbsOfSteel though :( Without that component, I may
have a tough time justifying another computer to my girlfriend.
Re: Hi, I'm a daft Newbie! [ In reply to ]
On Monday 28 October 2002 07:09 pm, you wrote:
> On Monday 28 October 2002 06:59 pm, Randy Page wrote:
> > On Monday 28 October 2002 04:49 pm, Jeremy Oddo wrote:
> > > After see posts like this:
>
> I'm not sure -- hopefully Thor will have more time to work on it sometime
> soon. I'd do some work on it, 'cept my knowledge of PHP is very small, so
> it's slow going for me..

Speaking of which ... I've gotten back from (unexpected) travels for work
and will be trying to focus on MythWeb over the next few days.

Main improvements are a notion of favorites (both programs and channels) and
a whack of bug fixes. Also, introduction of preference tables in MySQL for
things like program colours, which should (at some point) get co-ordinated
with mythepg.

BR,

Thor

Thor Sigvaldason <thor@sigvaldason.com>
For my PGP/GnuPG public key, send an e-mail to thorskey@sigvaldason.com
Re: Hi, I'm a daft Newbie! [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 29 October 2002 02:08 am, Thor Sigvaldason wrote:
> Speaking of which ... I've gotten back from (unexpected) travels for work
> and will be trying to focus on MythWeb over the next few days.
>
> Main improvements are a notion of favorites (both programs and channels)
> and a whack of bug fixes. Also, introduction of preference tables in MySQL
> for things like program colours, which should (at some point) get
> co-ordinated with mythepg.

Great -- can't wait.. Any chance I could see the database mods before they go
in to CVS?

Isaac