Do you know what might be causing this problem?

Thanks in advanced for your help.

Joe
Re: Error When running setup [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 10 October 2002 11:37 pm, Joe A Cairns wrote:
> I have gotten to the point in the install where I need to run setup in the
> setup subdir and I get the following error:
>
> Illegal Instruction
>
> Do you know what might be causing this problem?
>
> Thanks in advanced for your help.

Try this:

- edit settings.pro in the toplevel sourcedir. comment out the 2nd line,
uncomment the first.
- cd setup/
- make clean; make
- gdb ./setup
- at the prompt type 'run'
- when it dies, type 'bt'
- email me what it says.

Isaac
RE: Error When running setup [ In reply to ]
Issac:

Here is the information you requested:

GNU gdb 5.1.1
conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i386-suse-linux"...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/mythtv/mythTV/cvs/MC/setup/./setup
[New Thread 1024 (LWP 2000)]

Program received signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction.
[Switching to Thread 1024 (LWP 2000)]
0x40051e00 in basic_string<char, string_char_traits<char>,
__default_alloc_template<true, 0> >::replace () from
/usr/local/lib/libmyth.so.0
(gdb) qt
Undefined command: "qt". Try "help".
(gdb) bt

Re: Error When running setup [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 10 Oct 2002 22:37:49 -0500 Joe A Cairns <jcairns@skyhighsoft.com>
wrote:

> I have gotten to the point in the install where
> I need to run setup in the
> setup subdir and I get the following error:
>
> Illegal Instruction
>
> Do you know what might be causing this problem?
>
> Thanks in advanced for your help.
>
> Joe

What processor are you trying to run myth on?
I'm guessing a k6-2 or k6-3.
If so you will have to edit the settings.pro file in the top level directory
and change

-march=pentiumpro to
-march=pentium

Currently I think it's set to pentiumpro(a pII).

Calvin...
RE: Error When running setup [ In reply to ]
I am running a VIA C3 processor.

Joe

Re: Error When running setup [ In reply to ]
On Friday 11 October 2002 11:16 am, Joe A Cairns wrote:
> I am running a VIA C3 processor.
>
> Joe

Yeah, so try what Calvin suggested and remove some of the optimizations from
settings.pro.. Should fix it.

Isaac
RE: Error When running setup [ In reply to ]
The advice still applies...

RE: Error When running setup [ In reply to ]
Changing this worked
-march=pentiumpro to -march=pentium

But I am getting another error. I run the mythtv from the command line and
it flashes a black screen and I get the following:

Probed: Television
Probed: Composite1
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
Couldn't find the proper Xv image format
strange error flushing buffer ...

Also where can I go to change it from composite1 to the cable in on the
card.

Thanks,

Joe