Mailing List Archive

mythmusic/mythtv audio problem (was: Re: mythgame...)
On Son, 2002-11-24 at 23:37, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > I was thinking of using either find or locate on startup to see if the
> > number of records was different to the number of files and if it was re
> > populate the database
>
> mythmusic already does this for you internally.

hmm, but mythmusic still takes quite a while to scan the mp3 folder on
startup on my machine (with about 22 gig of music, mostly mp3s, some
oggs). not as long as the first time, but still...

> Update to the latest package in my archive (0.7-4) and let me know if
> it works for you.

like the comments above indicate, it now runs fine.

but i have another problem (which is more of a general mythtv problem):
mythtv doesn't seem to close the audio capture of the tv card when it
exits the tv playback mode. or something like that...
let me go into more detail:
i have a soundblaster live player 5.1 and some soundworks 5.1 speakers
(with 3 normal audio plugs, connected to the front, rear and
center/subwoofer out of the sb live 5.1). i have a channel in the mixer
which is called ogain (or output gain), i don't know exactly what it's
supposed to do, but it does change the volume of my _rear_ speakers.
when i start mythtv whith the ogain turned up, i get doubled audio
playback (one time from mythtv, in sync and one out-of-sync, only from
the rear speakers). when i mute the ogain, i have normal audio, but (of
course) my rear speakers are totally muted.
which isn't nice, since i really want to have sound from my rear
speakers (especially when listening to some (myth-)music).
maybe i could hack something together to mute the ogain while watching
tv and unmute it when going into mythmusic or something like that, but
that doesn't really fix the problem: when i unmute the ogain after
having watched tv, there's still the tv-cards sound coming from the rear
speakers, even when i'm in the mainmenu of mythfrontend or in mythmusic.

quite a lengthy (and a bit confused ;)) description, but i hope you'll
still understand my problems.

cya,
david
Re: mythmusic/mythtv audio problem (was: Re: mythgame...) [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 10:28:28PM +0100, David Klotz wrote:

> i have a soundblaster live player 5.1 and some soundworks 5.1 speakers
> (with 3 normal audio plugs, connected to the front, rear and
> center/subwoofer out of the sb live 5.1). i have a channel in the mixer
> which is called ogain (or output gain), i don't know exactly what it's
> supposed to do, but it does change the volume of my _rear_ speakers. when
> i start mythtv whith the ogain turned up, i get doubled audio playback
> (one time from mythtv, in sync and one out-of-sync, only from the rear
> speakers). when i mute the ogain, i have normal audio, but (of course) my
> rear speakers are totally muted. which isn't nice, since i really want to
> have sound from my rear speakers (especially when listening to some
> (myth-)music). maybe i could hack something together to mute the ogain
> while watching tv and unmute it when going into mythmusic or something
> like that, but that doesn't really fix the problem: when i unmute the
> ogain after having watched tv, there's still the tv-cards sound coming
> from the rear speakers, even when i'm in the mainmenu of mythfrontend or
> in mythmusic.

It sounds like you need to set up the mixer so that the rear channel audio
comes from the PCM channel only, rather than from the line input (or
wherever the out-of-sync audio is coming from).

--
- mdz