Mailing List Archive

Recording every show...
Before anything else- I don't have a working MythTV setup, but I haven't
heard of this feature on MythTV and don't think it is currently
available.

How hard would a feature that allows a show with a certain word in the
title/description to be either

set to record automatically

- or -

put in a special queue that would allow you to record later?

I wanted to see this show on chariot races, but I couldn't find it
anywhere. I didn't know the exact title name, but I did know "Chariot"
was in it. I thought it would have been nice to be able to type in a
search for "Chariot" and, if no results turned up, had the option to
save the search. Whenever the EPG data was updated, it would do a search
again for it, and, if it found something, it could either automatically
set it to record (maybe the less favorable option, unless it was set to
record on if something more pressing wasn't already recording then -
that sounds tricky) or alert you that it found something (An icon on the
start screen could change color or something).

Also, when there is a conflict, does MythTV alert the user (once again,
the conflict menu item could change color or something), or do they have
to remember to go into the Conflict section and check for them?

Looking forward to a working system so I can test these things out,

Nate