Mailing List Archive

Re: problem installing mythmusic
On Son, 2002-11-24 at 18:08, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> All fixed now.

it installs fine, but now i have another problem:
when i start mythmusic it loads the song information (which, btw, is
really slow for my 22 gig of music), but when i then choose "Select
Music" from the menu it just gives me two options, All My Music and CD.
and when i try to select All My Music (using the spacebar) mythmusic
just segfaults.
i just had a look on the database, aren't there supposed to be some
tables with the information from mythmusic (they should be created when
installing the debian package of mythmusic, shouldn't they?)? i can't
find any, how are they supposed to be called?
cya,
david

(i cc'ed this to the list, because it could be more then just a problem
with the debian packages...)
Re: problem installing mythmusic [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Nov 24, 2002 at 09:22:49PM +0100, David Klotz wrote:

> On Son, 2002-11-24 at 18:08, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > All fixed now.
>
> it installs fine, but now i have another problem: when i start mythmusic
> it loads the song information (which, btw, is really slow for my 22 gig of
> music), but when i then choose "Select Music" from the menu it just gives
> me two options, All My Music and CD. and when i try to select All My
> Music (using the spacebar) mythmusic just segfaults. i just had a look on
> the database, aren't there supposed to be some tables with the information
> from mythmusic (they should be created when installing the debian package
> of mythmusic, shouldn't they?)? i can't find any, how are they supposed to
> be called?

It looks like the packages don't create the tables as they should; I must
have forgotten this and never noticed because I already had the tables.
I'll put up a fixed version soon.

--
- mdz
Re: problem installing mythmusic [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Nov 24, 2002 at 03:29:11PM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 24, 2002 at 09:22:49PM +0100, David Klotz wrote:
>
> > On Son, 2002-11-24 at 18:08, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > > All fixed now.
> >
> > it installs fine, but now i have another problem: when i start mythmusic
> > it loads the song information (which, btw, is really slow for my 22 gig of
> > music), but when i then choose "Select Music" from the menu it just gives
> > me two options, All My Music and CD. and when i try to select All My
> > Music (using the spacebar) mythmusic just segfaults. i just had a look on
> > the database, aren't there supposed to be some tables with the information
> > from mythmusic (they should be created when installing the debian package
> > of mythmusic, shouldn't they?)? i can't find any, how are they supposed to
> > be called?
>
> It looks like the packages don't create the tables as they should; I must
> have forgotten this and never noticed because I already had the tables.
> I'll put up a fixed version soon.

Update to the latest package in my archive (0.7-4) and let me know if it
works for you.

--
- mdz
RE: Re: problem installing mythmusic [ In reply to ]
Re: Re: problem installing mythmusic [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Nov 24, 2002 at 04:17:45PM -0600, Robert Kulagowski wrote:

> I had noticed the same (installed the 0.7 tarball distribution) and
> had attributed it to me missing a step. Isaac, is there supposed to
> be an equivalent to the "mc.sql" for mythmusic? I've been ogg'ing
> some CDs using mythmusic, and they're showing up in my directory, but
> not anywhere else.

Read the README that comes with mythmusic. line 60.

--
- mdz
RE: Re: problem installing mythmusic [ In reply to ]