start mythmusic? I only ask because I have 40+ gigs
of music, and it takes a long time to scan every time
I go into mythmusic. If this is the case I think that
changing this so that it only scans the first time, or
after you manually tell it to re-scan in the interface
somewhere.

-- Allen

http://mailplus.yahoo.com
Re: mythmusic startup search and seg fault [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 21 November 2002 01:20 am, Allen T. Gilliland IV wrote:
> I am getting seg faults with mythmusic when I try to
> select music to play, or import a cd. The play music
> works fine with the initial playlist I used to test
> it, but now I can't get back in to change the
> playlist.

It's a bug in libcdaudio's cddb stuff.
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=621862&group_id=27134&atid=389442

> could this be because I have 40 gigs of music? it
> seems to take a while for it to load the music
> selector.
>
> Also, is it supposed to scan for music every time you
> start mythmusic? I only ask because I have 40+ gigs
> of music, and it takes a long time to scan every time
> I go into mythmusic. If this is the case I think that
> changing this so that it only scans the first time, or
> after you manually tell it to re-scan in the interface
> somewhere.

It only tests for new files on every other run other than the first one.
Even scanning for new music doesn't take all that long, assuming you don't
have any mp3s.. I have it manually calculating mp3 length, so that's a bit
of a time sink. But, now that I've re-ripped everything to vorbis or flac, I
don't have any more mp3s, so I really don't care =)

Isaac
Re: mythmusic startup search and seg fault [ In reply to ]
I sorta resolved this seg fault problem by changing my
settings file to point to a different directory. I
guess the index of files, or the mp3's, or something
wasn't too likeable for mythmusic.

Anyway, the playback all works fine now, and when I go
to import a cd it grabs the cd info just fine and
tells me the artist, album, tracks, etc. But now when
I select the quality I want and then hit "import this
cd" it gives me a seg fault as well. All the console
spits out is "Checking: /path/to/file.ogg".

I checked the directory and it actually created the
file and everything, it just didn't write anything. I
am assuming this is not the cddb bug you were talking
about, so any ideas what's causing this problem?

-- Allen

http://mailplus.yahoo.com
Re: mythmusic startup search and seg fault [ In reply to ]
On Friday 22 November 2002 02:05 am, Allen T. Gilliland IV wrote:
> I checked the directory and it actually created the
> file and everything, it just didn't write anything. I
> am assuming this is not the cddb bug you were talking
> about, so any ideas what's causing this problem?

Without a backtrace of the crash, nope.

Isaac