Is there a FAQ or something that would cover these issues?

Thanks,
Lonnie Borntreger
Re: Beginner Questions [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 19 November 2002 09:05 pm, Lonnie Borntreger wrote:
> I'm new to MythTV, old at Linux......
>
> Using MythTV 0.7 under KDE 3.1
>
> Issues:
> - When I run mythtvfrontend it doesn't have a window border, and my
> mouse disappears when it should be over it.

As it should. That's normal behaviour. Myth is designed to be run using lirc
or the keyboard as an input device, on a stand-alone box.

Rndy
Re: Beginner Questions [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2002-11-19 at 22:19, Randy Page wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 November 2002 09:05 pm, Lonnie Borntreger wrote:
> > Issues:
> > - When I run mythtvfrontend it doesn't have a window
> > border, and my mouse disappears when it should be over it.
>
> As it should. That's normal behaviour. Myth is designed to be run
> using lirc or the keyboard as an input device, on a stand-alone box.

Thanks for the answer. Problem is, I'm not like other people and watch
TV while working on the computer, not while just sitting idly by. Even
with that, the ability to record and do live pausing would be a
wonderful thing (I do have to leave the computer occasionally - my wife
insists on it :), thus I'm playing with MythTV. But I understand the
logic of the design decision.

Thanks,
Lonnie
Re: Beginner Questions [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2002-11-19 at 22:05, Lonnie Borntreger wrote:
> - When I try to watch TV, it goes to full screen, complains about
> audio buffer problems, and then dies (the last time it took KDE with
> it).

Solved this. It just won't work with artsd. I tried to wrap it with
artsdsp, and it doesn't like it - don't know why (or really care at this
time). If I suspend artsd, then it works fine, and I found the
keystroke to make it a window, and change the channels. So far, so
good.

Is there a doc that lists all the keystrokes? For some reason lirc is
no longer working with my TV card's ir port. That's on my list of
"things to play with" (tm).

Thanks,
Lonnie
Re: Beginner Questions [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday 20 November 2002 01:20 am, Lonnie Borntreger wrote:
> Is there a doc that lists all the keystrokes? For some reason lirc is
> no longer working with my TV card's ir port. That's on my list of
> "things to play with" (tm).

keys.txt

Isaac
Re: Beginner Questions [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 00:39, Isaac Richards wrote:
> keys.txt

See, that's the problem. The filename is just too obvious. ;-)

Consider me chagrined for having asked the question.

Lonnie