commercial oss sound drivers
Anyone using the commercial OSS drivers from ForeFront Technologies with
MythTV? Any problems/issues?
--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting
help@pdscc.com (use pgp keyid 0x3AD5C11D) http://www.pdscc.com
(604) 739-3709 (voice/fax) (604) 686-2253 (pager)
RE: commercial oss sound drivers [ In reply to ]
Yep, I'm using it with an Audiophile 2496 without any problems. I use
the analog input channel under myth (/dev/dsp2) for sound capture and
/dev/dsp for sound playback. I initially was able to get this card to
work with the Alsa drivers but experienced too many dropouts with AC3
and the spdif channel.

You can download an eval copy of the oss drivers for testing.

----------output from soudon.log--------------
==== About to start the driver using the following config ===
# Use soundconf to edit this file.
/SECUREAUDIO OFF
/PCIIRQ 10
/IRQEXCLUDE 3 4
/DMAEXCLUDE 2
-PCId6341412 #M Audio Audiophile 2496 (See README.Envy24)
ENVY24 ON
++ pnpres.dat ++
++++
OSS/Linux 3.9.7e (C) 4Front Technologies 1996-2002

License serial number: XXXXXXX
Drivers: ENVY24
This copy of OSS is licensed to Carlos Talbot

Build: 2.4.19

Card config:
IC Ensemble ENVY24

Audio devices:
0: M Audio Audiophile 2496 out1/2
1: M Audio Audiophile 2496 S/PDIF out
2: M Audio Audiophile 2496 in1/2
3: M Audio Audiophile 2496 S/PDIF in
4: M Audio Audiophile 2496 input from mon. mixer
5: M Audio Audiophile 2496 (all outputs)
6: M Audio Audiophile 2496 (all inputs)

Synth devices:

Midi devices:
0: M Audio Audiophile 2496 #1