Mailing List Archive

'cannot open db' error when running ./setup
Mysql seems to be set up correctly. I can't seem to get the mythconverg database installed, however. I run the command 'mysql < mc.sql' -- get no errors, but it does not install the mythconverg database to my /var/lib/mysql location. I'm running Gentoo using the 2.4.19 kernel. Haven't worked on Linux for a few years, (i.e. beware! Noob alert!) so I've got a pretty steep learning curve right now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Other commands I've tried:
mysql -u root -p < mc.sql
mysql -u kirzan.verizon.net -p < mc.sql
mysqladmin version -- shows everything running

TIA,
Kirzan