Here's a patch that will allow all files to be compiled with the
contents of the environment variable CFLAGS when configure is run. I'm
using "-march=athlon-xp -O2 -mfpmath=sse" with gcc3.2.
Re: Compile flags [patch] [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 03:23:35PM -0600, Rob Ekl wrote:

> Here's a patch that will allow all files to be compiled with the
> contents of the environment variable CFLAGS when configure is run. I'm
> using "-march=athlon-xp -O2 -mfpmath=sse" with gcc3.2.

CFLAGS is not generally used when building C++ programs. Did you try
setting CXXFLAGS instead?

--
- mdz
Re: Compile flags [patch] [ In reply to ]
Matt Zimmerman wrote:

>On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 03:23:35PM -0600, Rob Ekl wrote:
>

>>Here's a patch that will allow all files to be compiled with the
>>contents of the environment variable CFLAGS when configure is run. I'm
>>using "-march=athlon-xp -O2 -mfpmath=sse" with gcc3.2.
>>

>CFLAGS is not generally used when building C++ programs. Did you try
>setting CXXFLAGS instead?

The programs and libraries had hard-coded values for CFLAGS and
CXXFLAGS. It made no difference whether the environment had CFLAGS or
CXXFLAGS set when configure was run; the programs would be built with
the hard-coded values.

But to answer your question, yes, I did try with CXXFLAGS. The contents
of CXXFLAGS was not seen in any of the compile commands during the build.
Re: Compile flags [patch] [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 12 November 2002 04:23 pm, Rob Ekl wrote:
> Here's a patch that will allow all files to be compiled with the
> contents of the environment variable CFLAGS when configure is run. I'm
> using "-march=athlon-xp -O2 -mfpmath=sse" with gcc3.2.

You removed the default options, other than the '-O3' that ffmpeg's configure
script sets up, so I'm not going to apply this..

Also, would you mind posting from your subscribed email address so I don't
have to manually approve your posts?

Isaac