There are about 10 threads visible to gdb. Each thread shows a stack
trace that doesn't seem too useful. Like this:

(gdb) where
#0 0x40c075d1 in __libc_nanosleep () at __libc_nanosleep:-1
#1 0x40c324d8 in usleep (useconds=1000)
at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/usleep.c:30
#2 0x08052f2f in QShared::ref ()
#3 0x08052e60 in QShared::ref ()
#4 0x40a2310c in pthread_start_thread (arg=0xbf7ffc00) at manager.c:291

It's got some QT lib stuff, and some system lib stuff. What's missing is
the actual source code being tested...

Also, if I try to set a breakpoint, it barfs:

(gdb) break NuppelVideoRecorder.cpp:1282
No source file named NuppelVideoRecorder.cpp

What am I missing? (It must be something really stupid...)

-- john
Re: Re: using gdb with mythtv [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 07 November 2002 01:10 am, John Coiner wrote:
> Nevermind. It was really stupid.
>
> I was compiling with the DEBUG configuration, installing it, and
> debugging the installed binary. I should have known:
>
> cp -f "mythtv" "/usr/local/bin/mythtv"
> strip "/usr/local/bin/mythtv"

Which is kinda weird, as my copy of qmake doesn't strip anything, ever. Must
be another patch that Debian's applied to Qt or somethin'.

Anyone ever tried running this beastie in valgrind? I've turned off all the
MMX opts, moved Nvidia's libGL out of the way (it uses stuff valgrind doesn't
support yet), etc, but can't manage to get live-tv mode to display anything..
Playing back a file works, though. It's v--e--r--y s--l--o--w, of course,
but that's fine for a little short debugging.

Isaac