configuration ?

Best regards,

Waldek Grudzien
_____________________________
http://www.uhc.lublin.pl/
University Health Care, Lublin, Poland
tel. +48 81 44 111 88
ICQ # 20441796
Re: Win NT / mod_perl problem [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, Waldek Grudzien wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Some time ago I have experienced that mod_perl
> is serialized for Win NT (unfortunatelly I have to work with it :o( ),
> (I hope version 2.0 of mod_perl will resolve the
> issue ;o) - BTW does anyone know when it could happen ?)
> Now I have performed some new tests and have found
> that during mod_perl is running a script, normal HTTP requests
> (I mean HTMLs, plain CGI, ...) wait for the srcipt finish (?)
>
> Is it normal behaviour or I have missed something in Apache
> configuration ?

Hi,
Would it be possible to use two apache httpds, one vanilla
and the other one mod_perl enabled? The vanilla one can be
configured to serve the (presumably) majority of requests (static
and normal cgi), leaving the mod_perl one to concentrate on the
bigger dynamic requests. You can transparently connect the two
through different ports using ProxyPass, as discussed at
http://perl.apache.org/tuning/.

best regards,
Randy Kobes