Mailing List Archive

MSIE and modssl don't like each other :)
I am running
Apache/1.3.11 (Unix) mod_perl/1.21 PHP/3.0.14 mod_ssl/2.5.0 OpenSSL/0.9.4

I have this line in my http.conf
SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown

However my mod_ssl server still has problems connecting with MSIE and I can
find absolutely no cause in my logs. I have had administration ability for
several different Linux boxes, and to my knowledge all of them have had this
problem. And it has been happening for many months.

Does anyone have any idea what may be causing MSIE to not connect. It has
got to be something with only MSIE as I am an avid Netscape user and I have
NEVER seen this problem on any of these servers when using Netscape.
However if I switch to MSIE I do see the rare occurance.

Any ideas, on how to track the problem, or fix it would be VERY much
appreciated.

By the way, if I turn keepalive COMPLETELY off then everything works.
But, I don't want to have to leave keepalive off. Is there a better
solution?

Thank you
-Jason