Mailing List Archive

[OT]Re: splits, advocacy and other lists (was Re: modperl newsgroup)
On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, G.W. Haywood wrote:

> It's a fine idea, but in may cases the poster won't know whether it's
> a [Config] or [Apache] or [Apache::Registry] problem. Do you propose
> to create a list of acceptable tags? That might work, but you'd need
> some like
>
> [NEWBIE]
> [DOESNT_FIT_ANY_TOPIC]
> [NO_IDEA_WHATS_GOING_WRONG_HERE]

Don't forget [OT] for off-topic.

I also think that anyone who considers themselves a newbie with a newbie
question should [NEWBIE] their on-topic posts. This definitely includes
me.

Jon

J. J. Horner
jhorner@knoxlug.org http://www.knoxlug.org
System has been up: 11 days.
Re: [OT]Re: splits, advocacy and other lists (was Re: modperl newsgroup) [ In reply to ]
"J. Horner" <jhorner@2jnetworks.com> writes:

> On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, G.W. Haywood wrote:
>

> > It's a fine idea, but in may cases the poster won't know whether it's
> > a [Config] or [Apache] or [Apache::Registry] problem. Do you propose
> > to create a list of acceptable tags? That might work, but you'd need
> > some like
> >
> > [NEWBIE]
> > [DOESNT_FIT_ANY_TOPIC]
> > [NO_IDEA_WHATS_GOING_WRONG_HERE]
> >

> Don't forget [OT] for off-topic.
>
> I also think that anyone who considers themselves a newbie with a newbie
> question should [NEWBIE] their on-topic posts. This definitely includes
> me.

To me, the only problem with the [NEWBIE] tag would be that many
newbies wouldn't know about these tag conventions, and therefore
wouldn't have the slightest idea that such a tag should be used here.

--
Lloyd Zusman ljz@asfast.com
perl -le '$n=170;for($d=2;($d*$d)<=$n;$d+=(1+($d%2))){for($t=0;($n%$d)==0;