Mailing List Archive

Re: Static linking of Sybase::DBlib to mod_perl?
On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Thomas Corte wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Doug MacEachern wrote:
>
> > does apache-x.x.x/src/modules/perl/perlxsi.c have a DBlib reference?
> > you should see something like:
> > boot_Sybase__DBlib
>
> No, its not present. It only shows some Apache::* stuff und Dynaloader.
> Indeed,
>
> cd apache_1.3.11
> find . -type f -exec fgrep -il sybase {} \;
>
> shows that Sybase::DBlib only shows up in the various Makefiles,
> (on the line PERL_STATIC_EXTS=Apache ... Sybase::DBlib),
> nowhere else.
>
> I get the impression that Sybase::DBlib might not be the kind of
> static extension that is supported by PERL_STATIC_EXTS.

it should work fine, but I just tried, PERL_STATIC_EXTS seems to be broken
is USE_APACI=1.

the other option is to edit Perl's Config.pm (which lives in
'perl -V:arclibexp') and change:

static_ext=' '
static_ext='Sybase::DBlib'

if that doesn't work, please post the output of:

% perl -MExtUtils::Embed -e ldopts