Mailing List Archive

Re: Embperl vs. Mason
At 23:06 14/02/2000 -0800, Jonathan Swartz wrote:
>Nothing really to add here, except that since this seems to be a FAQ,
>perhaps Stas would be willing to add a section about it that we could
>just point to whenever this question comes up? A non-partisan page with
>a focus on similarities and links to each site would be ideal.

I've been thinking for a while that it would be good if the authors of the
various perl-embedding modules submitted a list of pros and cons of their
own systems so that we could make a summary of it on the site. Timtowtdi's
*great* as usual, but sometimes it confuses people.

.Robin
Critic, n.: A person who boasts himself hard to please because nobody tries
to please him.
Re: Embperl vs. Mason [ In reply to ]
At 00:40 15/02/2000 -0800, Joshua Chamas wrote:
>I'm all for putting up my rough review of Mason vs. Embperl up, but will
>Gerald & Jonathan do similar reviews of ASP vs. Mason, & Embperl vs. ASP.
>I'm kind of interested in the generic feel of those gentlemen reversed.
>
>Would some sort of grid be useful listing, comparing, even
>ranking features for each environment ? Is there anyone impartial
>who could do this ? Again it might be interesting to have the
>authors do it for each other.

I think that would be just great. I would personally trust the authors to
be honest and impartial enough, especially as this would be a public
document on which people might want to add some feedback.

.Robin
"What I like about deadlines is the lovely whooshing sound they make as
they rush past." --Douglas Adams