Mailing List Archive

Re: about request route ($r->path_info)
In your "httpd.conf" file (for your VirtualHost if you're using
virtual hosts) you'll need to add this line:

AcceptPathInfo On

Then you may find the documentation surrounding $r->path_info to be
of particular interest, which you can read about here:

https://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache2/RequestRec.html#C_path_info_

I use this to implement simple URIs on sites that look like
"/profile/29862938728" instead of "/profile?id=29862938728" to make
it easier for users to share links. Based on your question, it seems
to me that you're wanting to know how to do something like this.

Of course, you'll need to write your own Perl code to handle these
requests, and I suspect that's likely what you're wanting to do. One
thing I find very helpful in having done this myself is the use of
the 404 response code when the data is wrong (e.g., the profile ID
number does not exist in the database) because then the web server
just passes everything along to whatever I have configured separately
for the 404 handler (this is important because it properly
communicates to search engine spiders and other automated systems
that the page doesn't exist and should be ignored).

> Hi,
>
> for this like request:
> curl http://dns-api.org/AAAA/dns-api.org
>
> in Dancer we could write:
>
> get '/:type/:domain/?' => sub {
>
> my $rtype = params->{ 'type' };
> my $domain = params->{ 'domain' };
>

> But in a MP handler, how could we get the similiar result, treating
> request path as GET/POST arguments?
> thanks.

Randolf Richardson - randolf@inter-corporate.com
Beautiful British Columbia, Canada