Mailing List Archive

perl Makefile.PL problems embperl-2.2.0
Hello,

I've having trouble getting embperl to configure without error. When I
run `perl Makefile.PL` it first reports that mod_perl is found, then
that it is not found:

[Fri Aug 10 12:13:00 clawson@rebus
/usr/local/src/Embperl-2.2.0-build/Embperl-2.2.0:11] $ perl Makefile.PL
Found mod_perl 2.0
Build with support for Apache mod_perl?(y/n) [y]
Use /opt/apache2 as Apache source(y/n) [y]
Will use /opt/apache2 for Apache Headers
Apache Version Server version: Apache/2.2.4 (Unix)
+ Load dynamic module mod_actions.c
(/opt/apache2/modules/mod_actions.so)
+ Load dynamic module mod_cgi.c
(/opt/apache2/modules/mod_cgi.so)
+ Load dynamic module mod_alias.c
(/opt/apache2/modules/mod_alias.so)
+ Load dynamic module mod_env.c
(/opt/apache2/modules/mod_env.so)
+ Load dynamic module mod_perl.c
(/opt/apache2/modules/mod_perl.so)
+ Load dynamic module mod_mime.c
(/opt/apache2/modules/mod_mime.so)
+ Load dynamic module mod_dir.c
(/opt/apache2/modules/mod_dir.so)
+ mod_perl was build with USE_DSO
Test start /opt/apache2/bin/httpd
Test httpd will run as user clawson and group sorcerer
Test httpd will listen on port 8531
mod_perl not installed on this system
-> Cannot build for mod_perl without mod_perl installed!!
Found LWP::UserAgent Version 2.033
Found HTML::HeadParser Version 2.22
Apache::Session not installed on this system
-> Disable tests for persistent data storage
Found File::Spec Version 3.12
Found CGI Version 3.15
Found libxml2 2.6.10 installed under /usr
Found libxslt 1.1.7 installed under /usr
Enter path of XALAN base directory or single dot for not using XALAN [.]
Xalan will not be linked into Embperl
Writing Makefile for Embperl::App::Config
Writing Makefile for Embperl::App
Writing Makefile for Embperl::Component::Config
Writing Makefile for Embperl::Component::Output
Writing Makefile for Embperl::Component::Param
Writing Makefile for Embperl::Component
Writing Makefile for Embperl::Req::Config
Writing Makefile for Embperl::Req::Param
Writing Makefile for Embperl::Req
Writing Makefile for Embperl::Syntax
Writing Makefile for Embperl::Thread
Writing Makefile for Embperl
Writing Makefile for WrapXS
Writing Makefile for Embperl

I have a fresh install of Apache/2.2.4 installed in /opt/apache2:

[Fri Aug 10 12:17:29 clawson@rebus /opt/apache2/bin:16] $ ./httpd -l
Compiled in modules:
core.c
prefork.c
http_core.c
mod_so.c

mod_perl-2.0.3 is installed (after a successful make, make test) as a
DSO and is loaded in Apache:

[Fri Aug 10 12:18:03 clawson@rebus /opt/apache2/bin:18] $ ./httpd -M
Loaded Modules:
core_module (static)
mpm_prefork_module (static)
http_module (static)
so_module (static)

perl_module (shared)
Syntax OK

Have I provided you enough information to help me get around this error?

Thanks,
Dan

Dan Clawson
Office of Information Technology
University of Utah
(e) dan.clawson@utah.edu

RE: perl Makefile.PL problems embperl-2.2.0 [ In reply to ]
Hi,

> I've having trouble getting embperl to configure without
> error. When I run `perl Makefile.PL` it first reports that
> mod_perl is found, then that it is not found:

The first check is for the Apache module of mod_perl, second check is
for the Perl part of mod_perl.

What is actually happeing is, that mod_perl.pm is not found on your
system.

So maybe you should reinstall/fully install mod_perl

Gerald

RE: Re: perl Makefile.PL problems embperl-2.2.0 [ In reply to ]
Hi,

> > What is actually happeing is, that mod_perl.pm is not found on your
> > system.
>
> Shouldn't this be looking for mod_perl2.pm, not mod_perl.pm?

Yes, it should. Seems like most people have mod_perl.pm installed from
time before it was renamed.

To fix it goto Makefile.PL line 1058 and change CheckModule line to
"mod_perl2"

Gerald