both sKeyword loop and the pEntry->sOption inner loop
look like infinite loop risks to me.

-mda

RE: bug in eputil.c [ In reply to ]
Hi,

> If you make the mistake of setting EMBPERL_OUTPUT_MODE=XML
> instead of EMBPERL_OUTPUT_MODE=1 then
> embperl_OptionListSearch in eputil.c will go into an infinite loop.
>
> I don't see how that code can possibly work, since both
> sKeyword loop and the pEntry->sOption inner loop look like
> infinite loop risks to me.

That's true. This part of the code is not really finished and therfore
not documented. So don't use it.

Patches are of course welcome

Gerald

RE: bug in eputil.c [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 16:03:49 +0200, "Gerald Richter - ECOS GmbH" <richter@ecos.de> said:
> Hi,
>
> > If you make the mistake of setting EMBPERL_OUTPUT_MODE=XML
> > instead of EMBPERL_OUTPUT_MODE=1 then
> > embperl_OptionListSearch in eputil.c will go into an infinite loop.
> >
> > I don't see how that code can possibly work, since both
> > sKeyword loop and the pEntry->sOption inner loop look like
> > infinite loop risks to me.
> >

> That's true. This part of the code is not really finished and therfore
> not documented. So don't use it.

Well, I didn't use it deliberately. I just misread
http://www.ecos.de/embperl/pod/doc/Config.-page-2-.htm#sect_44
and thought I could set output mode to "XML".

-mda