Mailing List Archive

Completed Document
Hi there,

For internal reasons, we need to log the completed HTML documents once
compiled by Embperl...

so if we have in base.epl

[- Execute('*') -]

and component is

<h1>Hello</h1>

Completed document will be
<h1>Hello</h1>

Is there a way to access the document completed so far inside the
base.epl ? or at a level above by intercepting it at the Apache level ?

Regards

Re: Completed Document [ In reply to ]
Pete Moran wrote:
> Hi there,

Hi Pete - small world :)

> For internal reasons, we need to log the completed HTML documents once
> compiled by Embperl...
>
> so if we have in base.epl

> [- Execute('*') -]

Take out all the HTML from base.epl and put it one level down, then you
can Execute from the base.epl;

Execute({ inputfile => '*', output => \$Output});

I think...

Craig

Re: Completed Document [ In reply to ]
Yes Craig, small world :)

However its not the output of the execute I want, its also including
what was inside the base.epl itself.... so above where the execute is
called. In this example, the output would only contain the <h1> tags.

Regards

Pete

Re: Completed Document [ In reply to ]
Pete Moran wrote:
> Yes Craig, small world :)
>
> However its not the output of the execute I want, its also including
> what was inside the base.epl itself.... so above where the execute is
> called. In this example, the output would only contain the <h1> tags.

Thats why I said move it all a level down.

create (for example) base2.epl containing the html you have now, then
make base.epl a one liner that calls base2.epl with the output flag set,
which in turn executes *.

That would seem simpler to me than apache voodoo of some sort.

Craig

RE: Completed Document [ In reply to ]

> Pete Moran wrote:
> > Yes Craig, small world :)
> >
> > However its not the output of the execute I want, its also
> including
> > what was inside the base.epl itself.... so above where the
> execute is
> > called. In this example, the output would only contain the
> <h1> tags.
> >

> Thats why I said move it all a level down.
>
> create (for example) base2.epl containing the html you have
> now, then make base.epl a one liner that calls base2.epl with
> the output flag set, which in turn executes *.
>
> That would seem simpler to me than apache voodoo of some sort.

"Apache Voodoo" would be to write a Apache output filter in mod_perl that,
beside simply passing the content through, would write to a file.

Gerald

** Virus checked by BB-5000 Mailfilter **