Mailing List Archive

Problems importing custom module
hi,

I'm starting to write a custom module to use it in embperl pages and
just can't get it to work under embperl.

The only thing the module is doing is exporting 1 simple 'test'
function. It compiles/works allright under plain perl, but errs under
embperl, saying syntax error at the line where I define the package.
I've pasted the code at the end of the msg

am I missing something?

martin
------------------cut here ------------------
#
# Sudameris eCuenta - martin@scim.net
#
# /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/SCIM/Sudameris/eCuentaPyme.pm
#

package SCIM::Sudameris::eCuentaPyme ;

use strict;

BEGIN {

use Exporter ();
use vars qw($VERSION @ISA @EXPORT @EXPORT_OK %EXPORT_TAGS);

$VERSION = 0.01;

@ISA = qw(Exporter);

# symbols to export by default
@EXPORT = qw(&s_test);

# symbols to export on request
#@EXPORT_OK = qw($Var1 %Hashit &func3);

# define names for sets of symbols
#%EXPORT_TAGS = ;# not used here, yet...

#warn("eCuentaPyme-BEGIN");

1;
};

use vars @EXPORT_OK; #don't really know why, but ...

sub s_test {
#warn("eCuentaPyme-s_test");
return 'hola';

}

END {
#warn("eCuentaPyme-END");
}

1;

-------------------cut here ! -------------------------
RE: Problems importing custom module [ In reply to ]
hi,

> I'm starting to write a custom module to use it in embperl pages and
> just can't get it to work under embperl.
>
> The only thing the module is doing is exporting 1 simple 'test'
> function. It compiles/works allright under plain perl, but errs under
> embperl, saying syntax error at the line where I define the package.
> I've pasted the code at the end of the msg

Perl requires a semikolon after the use statement, maybe this is the
problem.

[- use module -] #bad

[- use module ; -] #good

Gerald