as WWW-Server, which are the defaults. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Houman A.
RE: Emailing Form Data with an Embperl Script [ In reply to ]
> For some
> reason though, when I initialized EMBPERL_MAILHOST and EMBPERL_MAILFROM in
> my httpd.conf ( PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_MAILHOST the_mail_host ), it does not
> take any affect, in my maillog it has the mail host as localhost
> and domain
> as WWW-Server, which are the defaults. Any ideas?

Maybe you have these directives at the wrong place in your httpd.conf ?

Gerald

Gerald Richter ecos electronic communication services gmbh

Post: Tulpenstrasse 5 D-55276 Dienheim b. Mainz
E-Mail: richter@ecos.de Voice: +49 6133 925151
WWW: http://www.ecos.de Fax: +49 6133 925152
Re: Emailing Form Data with an Embperl Script [ In reply to ]
That is very possible, but I put them directly in a virtual host where I
have another existing PerlSetEnv variable in the format of the following...

PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_MAILHOST ________________
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_MAILFROM ________________

Where should they be if this is incorrect?

Thank you,

Houman A.

RE: Emailing Form Data with an Embperl Script [ In reply to ]

> That is very possible, but I put them directly in a virtual host where I
> have another existing PerlSetEnv variable in the format of the
> following...
>
> PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_MAILHOST ________________
> PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_MAILFROM ________________
>
> Where should they be if this is incorrect?

Normaly that should be ok, but I have seen sometimes problems with "scoping"
of PerlSetEnv inside the httpd.conf. Try to put them directly before the

PerlHandler HTML::Embperl

does this change anything?

Gerald
RE: Emailing Form Data with an Embperl Script [ In reply to ]

> No luck. Here is what I have in my httpd.conf.

looks ok

> I also have PerlModule
> HTML::Embperl commented out , supposedely this causes apahce to silently
> fail on some systems.

It fails when mod_perl is compiled as DSO and mod_perl version is less then
1.22. So either link it staticly into Apache or upgrade to a newer mod_perl
version.

Try to reuse the PerlModule HTML::Embperl .

Re: Emailing Form Data with an Embperl Script [ In reply to ]
> When I uncommented PerlModule HTML::Embperl , and restarted Apache it
> failed, so how would I statically link into Apache?

ARe you running on Unix or NT?

On Unix you need the apache sources and the mod_perl sources. Go to the
mod_perl directory and do a

perl Makefile.PL
make
make install

for more info read the INSTALL file in the mod_perl directory.

If you are running on NT, you can't link it staticly and you _must_ upgrade
mod_perl

Gerald
Re: Emailing Form Data with an Embperl Script [ In reply to ]
Do you know where I could get a RPM for mod_perl 1.24? I checked rpmfind.net
and they only have 1.21. I tried to install from source but it gave me some
error messages.

thanks,

Houman A.
RE: Emailing Form Data with an Embperl Script [ In reply to ]

> Do you know where I could get a RPM for mod_perl 1.24? I checked
> rpmfind.net
> and they only have 1.21. I tried to install from source but it
> gave me some
> error messages.

Sorry I don't uses rpm's, so I can't tell you where to find them. If you
have trouble installing mod_perl, the mod_perl mailing list is a better
place to ask.