print "hello" -]
------------------------------------------------------------------------ the
output is:
hello
------------------------------------------------------------------------ Is
there a way for the print output to appear where I placed it, i.e between the
BODY tags? I know that this case is not very realistic, but there definitely
are situations when I will have to use print or similar. Thanks, Nico
RE: Why can't I use print? [ In reply to ]
First, you should really use: [+ "Hello" +]

If, for some reason, you really need to use print then take a look at the
embperl options. I think the one you want to set in your httpd.conf is
OPT_REDIRECT_STDOUT or something like that.

On 27-Jun-2000 Nicolas Parody wrote:
> Hi, I don't understand why this doesn't work as I expected it. Is there
> another
> way of doing this?
> [-
> print "hello" -]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------ the
> output is:

Jason Bodnar + jbodnar@team-linux.com + Team Linux

Herb: I want you to help me design a car. A car for all the Homer
Simpsons out there! And I want to pay you two hundred thousand
dollars a year!

Homer: And I want to let you!

Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?
RE: Why can't I use print? [ In reply to ]
On 27-Jun-2000 Nicolas Parody wrote:
> [- print "hello" -]

You need to do [- print OUT "hello" -] instead.

Check http://perl.apache.org/embperl/ for examples of this.

Regards,

Wim Kerkhoff, Software Engineer
NetMaster Networking Solutions