Mailing List Archive

Troubling with Apache::Session loading...
Hi.

I use Embperl 1.3b3 on Debian Linux 2.1 and Server setting is like below.

"Server: mod_perl/1.16 Apache/1.3.3 (Unix) Debian/GNU PHP/3.0.5
mod_perl/1.16"

I used debian package for installing Apache and mod_perl, and compiled
HTML::Embperl 1.3b3 with Apache 1.3.3 source and installed Apache::Session
1.5.1 with source compiling.

The problem is that. no Locker module doesn't work.
I tried Locker in session configuration in series.
first, when I use SysVSemaphoreLocker, Apache cannot start deamon and
die with no error message.
when I use NullLocker or PosixFileLocker, Apaceh says

"Embperl Session management enabled (1.xx)"

but when I access script using %udat, script dies with message like this.

[Mon May 29 00:16:46 2000] [error] Can't locate object method "hexhash"
via package "MD5" at /usr/local/lib/site_perl/HTML/Embperl.pm line 898.

I have installed Digest::MD5 and MD5 package on my system. and tried to
update it with newer version but no use.

Do you think which is problem of old version of mod_perl or
Apache::Session?

If you know about this. I want your help...

bye.
RE: Troubling with Apache::Session loading... [ In reply to ]
Hi.

> [Mon May 29 00:16:46 2000] [error] Can't locate object method "hexhash"
> via package "MD5" at /usr/local/lib/site_perl/HTML/Embperl.pm line 898.

Try to put a

PerlModule MD5

into your httpd.conf or a

use MD5;

in your startup.pl. This line should occur before you load Embperl in your
httpd.conf or startup.pl

Gerald

Gerald Richter ecos electronic communication services gmbh

Post: Tulpenstrasse 5 D-55276 Dienheim b. Mainz
E-Mail: richter@ecos.de Voice: +49 6133 925151
WWW: http://www.ecos.de Fax: +49 6133 925152
RE: Troubling with Apache::Session loading... [ In reply to ]
Ok. I have tried what you said. but no use.
When I tried SysVSemaphoreLocker, apache still die.
and I tried NullLocker, apache makes error like this.
[Mon May 29 21:59:00 2000] [error] [13004]ERR: 24: Line 1: Error in Perl
code:
Can't locate object method "generate_id" via package
"HTML::Embperl::Session" at
/usr/local/lib/site_perl/HTML/Embperl/Session.pm line 184.
[Mon May 29 21:59:00 2000] [error] Can't call method "acquire_write_lock"
withou
t a package or object reference at
/usr/local/lib/site_perl/Apache/Session.pm li
ne 546.

Thanks.

RE: Troubling with Apache::Session loading... [ In reply to ]
> Ok. I have tried what you said. but no use.

Oops, I just saw you are using Apache::Session 1.5x. I didn't have tested
Embperl with this Apache::Session Version so far, because it very new. Jeff
has made a lot of changes and I guess some of them are incompatible to 1.03.

Please retry with Apache::Session 1.0x. The next beta release of Embperl
will also support Apache::Session 1.5x

Gerald
RE: Troubling with Apache::Session loading... [ In reply to ]
But I have tried v1.03 already.
sorry, but result is same.
one or two day after. I will try update apaceh and mod_perl with new
version. and tell you the result.