Mailing List Archive

RE: using multiple hashes with hidden in HTML::Embperl

> Gerald, my [$ hidden $] wont work... I dont know how
> to give multiple hashes as arguments to this
> HTML::Embperl function.
>
> My source code is at:
> http://stage.angryman.com/siteview/external/index.epl.source

[* %hidden = ('iid' => $rec->{iid}, '!Table' => 'external_poll'); *]
[$ hidden fdat hidden $]

if you what both the hashs as hidden fields, you must do something like:

[.* %hidden = (%fdat, 'iid' => $rec->{iid}, '!Table' => 'external_poll'); *]
[$ hidden %hidden $]

Embperl requires the name of a hash here (with or without the leading %).
The second hash gives elements that should _not_ included as hidden fields.

Gerald

P.S. Please send your Embperl questions via the Embperl mailing list

Gerald Richter ecos electronic communication services gmbh

Post: Tulpenstrasse 5 D-55276 Dienheim b. Mainz
E-Mail: richter@ecos.de Voice: +49 6133 925151
WWW: http://www.ecos.de Fax: +49 6133 925152
RE: using multiple hashes with hidden in HTML::Embperl [ In reply to ]
How does one specify the list of hashes?
tab-separated? comma-separated? whitespace-separated?

--- Gerald Richter <richter@ecos.de> wrote:

> > Gerald, my [$ hidden $] wont work... I dont know
> how
> > to give multiple hashes as arguments to this
> > HTML::Embperl function.
> >
> > My source code is at:

http://stage.angryman.com/siteview/external/index.epl.source

> [.* %hidden = ('iid' => $rec->{iid}, '!Table' =>
> 'external_poll'); *]
> [$ hidden fdat hidden $]
>
> if you what both the hashs as hidden fields, you
> must do something like:
>
> [* %hidden = (%fdat, 'iid' => $rec->{iid}, '!Table'
> => 'external_poll'); *]
> [$ hidden %hidden $]
>

> Embperl requires the name of a hash here (with or
> without the leading %).
> The second hash gives elements that should _not_
> included as hidden fields.
>

> Gerald
>
> P.S. Please send your Embperl questions via the
> Embperl mailing list

> Gerald Richter ecos electronic communication
> services gmbh
> Internetconnect * Webserver/-design/-datenbanken *
> Consulting
>
> Post: Tulpenstrasse 5 D-55276 Dienheim
> b. Mainz
> E-Mail: richter@ecos.de Voice: +49
> 6133 925151
> WWW: http://www.ecos.de Fax: +49
> 6133 925152

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> embperl-help@perl.apache.org

=====
Terrence Brannon
90 St. Mark's Place
Apt. 2E North
Staten Island, NY 10301
914-755-4360

http://invites.yahoo.com/
RE: using multiple hashes with hidden in HTML::Embperl [ In reply to ]

> How does one specify the list of hashes?
> tab-separated? comma-separated? whitespace-separated?

Example (this is the default):

[$ hidden %fdat %idat @ffld $]

That mean generate hidden fields for all values that are in %fdat, but not
in %idat and order them in the same order then @ffld (actually @ffld _must_
contain all values that should be included). If you leave out the third
parameter fields are unsorted.

Gerald