Mailing List Archive

EMBPERL_ESCMODE
> > Ok I have another question. Why doesn't <<SetEnv
> EMBPERL_ESCMODE 0>> work?
> >
> > It's supposed to set the default to 0, but it's still 3.
> >

> It does set it to zero, but only when you use the mod_perl handler and not
> if you call Execute on your own. If you call Execute on your own, you need
> to call the ScanEnvironement before.

I am running under mod_perl and calling Execute everywhere, so it would be
nice not to have to call ScanEnvironement, which, btw, is misspelled :)
But that's ok cause I have a wrapper around Execute anyway.
OK I tried adding HTML::Embperl::ScanEnvironement (\%params) just before
Execute, but it fails. What is %params? If I remove it, there is no error,
but escmode is still 3.

Help...

ilia.

RE: EMBPERL_ESCMODE [ In reply to ]

> I am running under mod_perl and calling Execute everywhere, so it would be
> nice not to have to call ScanEnvironement, which, btw, is misspelled :)

Yes, my english isn't quite well, but least you understand it :-)

> But that's ok cause I have a wrapper around Execute anyway.
> OK I tried adding HTML::Embperl::ScanEnvironement (\%params) just before
> Execute, but it fails. What is %params? If I remove it, there is no error,
> but escmode is still 3.

%params is presetup by ScanEvironement with the Environement variables set
you set in your config. Use ist like:

my %params = ( inputfile => 'legacy_pm.epl',
param => ['legacy.pm'],
fdat => \%IN ) ;
HTML::Embperl::ScanEnvironement (\%params) ;
$params{options} |= 256 ;
HTML::Embperl::Execute(\%params);

Gerald