Mailing List Archive

Debugging libraries loaded into Embperl files
RE: Debugging libraries loaded into Embperl files [ In reply to ]

> I have several libraries of helper routines that I load into my
> HTML files.
>
> I tried using Execute to load them, but I started getting weird
> things where it seemed like there was more than one copy of the
> library in use.

This shouldn't be the case, as long as you don't use the mtime parameter in
a incorrect way (normaly don't use it at all for disk files)

> I'm currently using require, but then the library gets cached and I
> can't get my changes to load (some of the time) without restarting
> the server.

Yes, see my other mail on modules in Embperl.

> Any suggestions? I'm going to try going back to Execute right now, but...

You can use "do", but then the file is executed everytime. If it plain Perl
code (no Embperl code), then you can consider writing a small module that
only reloaded your lib when it has changed or maybe Apache::StatINC can
help.

Gerald