I'm personally using:
cc :4.4.0.2
AIX 4.3.3.0
perl 5.005_03
mod_perl 1.22
embperl 1.2.1 and Current CVS snapshot

Thanks!

Mark
Re: AIX embperl/mod_perl/apache [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Apr 09, 2000 at 06:23:30PM -0400, Mark Ng wrote:
> I'm having problem with in installing Embperl 1.2.1 and Current CVS with
> modperl 1.22 and apache 1.3.12 on AIX
>
> Has anyone out there installed the above combination successfully?
> If so, can you let me know what versions of software you are are using?
>
> ie: c compiler cc, AIX, perl, mod_perl, apache, and embperl.
>
> I'm personally using:
> cc :4.4.0.2
> AIX 4.3.3.0
> perl 5.005_03
> mod_perl 1.22
> embperl 1.2.1 and Current CVS snapshot

I have AIX 4.1.5, xlc 3.1.4.8, the same perl and mod_perl and embperl
from CVS running. I would recommend that you use mod_perl from CVS and
especially pay attention to the patch recommended in the INSTALL
document, you will need to rebuild your perl before installing mod_perl.

--
Jens-Uwe Mager

HELIOS Software GmbH
Steinriede 3
30827 Garbsen
Germany

Phone: +49 5131 709320
FAX: +49 5131 709325
Internet: jum@helios.de
Re: AIX embperl/mod_perl/apache [ In reply to ]
I've compiled emperl (current CVS), mod_perl (current CVS) and apache 1.3.12
with
AIX patches to perl.

I've tried building mod_perl static/ embperl DSO and mod_perl static /
embperl static and
mod_perl DSO /embperl DSO.

All with the same results:

All seem to compile correctly, but when I configure and startup apache, I get
the error in the apache/logs/error_log, when I access an .epl file.

[Mon Apr 10 03:02:49 2000] [notice] child pid 12520 exit signal Segmentation
fau
lt (11)
[Mon Apr 10 03:02:49 2000] [notice] child pid 16674 exit signal Segmentation
fau
lt (11)

And when I try the directive:

Files *.epl>
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_PATH "/usr/local/www/htdocs"
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_LOG "/tmp/embperl8080.log"
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler HTML::Embperl
Options ExecCGI
</files>

AddType text/html .epl

and run : apachectl start

I get the error :
/usr/local/www:pizza2> bin/apachectl start
bin/apachectl[71]: 16760 Segmentation fault(coredump)
bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

Re: AIX embperl/mod_perl/apache [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Apr 10, 2000 at 04:02:26AM -0400, Mark Ng wrote:
> and run : apachectl start
>
> I get the error :
> /usr/local/www:pizza2> bin/apachectl start
> bin/apachectl[71]: 16760 Segmentation fault(coredump)
> bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

Please do a dbx bin/httpd and type run -X and post the stack backtrace
that you get, may be that this gives a clue. And also please include the
output of perl -V, I would like to verify the dynamic linking options.

--
Jens-Uwe Mager

HELIOS Software GmbH
Steinriede 3