Mailing List Archive

%fdat not getting set/501 Method Not Implemented
Ok something weird.
for some reason my %fdat is not getting set.

the output of my page is not printing the %fdat information
and sends a second 501 Method Not Implemented (web page)
here is the script
---------
<HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE>title</TITLE> </HEAD>
<BODY>
[- $debug = 1; -]
[$ if $debug $]
<HR NOSHADE><B>Debug = 1</B><BR>
Args passed to this program = [+ $ENV{'SCRIPT_NAME'} +]
[$ while ($k, $v) = each (%fdat) $]
<BR><B>[+ $k +]</B> = [+ $v +]
[$ endwhile $]
<HR NOSHADE>
[$ endif $]

<FORM METHOD="POST">
<TABLE BORDER="0">
<TR><TD><B>Name:</B></TD>
<TD><INPUT TYPE=TEXT NAME="name" SIZE=40></TD></TR>
<TR><TD COLSPAN="5"><INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" NAME="submit" VALUE="Submit
Changes"> <INPUT TYPE=RESET> </TD></TR>
</TABLE>
</FORM>
</BODY>
</HTML>
----------
server = Apache/1.3.9 (Unix) mod_perl/1.21
embperl = $VERSION = '1.3b2';

access_log = (gives me two lines)
"POST /spooltalk/foo.phtml HTTP/1.0" 200 678
"name=ghhdhggh&submit=Submit+Changes" 501 -

error_log =
Invalid method in request name=ghhdhggh&submit=Submit+Changes

embperl_log ( Eval only )
. Entry-SVs: 7792 -OBJs: 13 Exit-SVs: 7805 -OBJs: 13

any one seen this before??
By the way i did not set any EMBPERL_OPTIONS.

Thanks,
Jeff

| "The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson." |
| |
| Jeff Sheffield |
| jsheffie@buzzard.kdi.com |
| - http://buzzard.kdi.com/jeff/family/ |
| - http://www.team-linux.com/ |
RE: %fdat not getting set/501 Method Not Implemented [ In reply to ]
> access_log = (gives me two lines)
> "POST /spooltalk/foo.phtml HTTP/1.0" 200 678
> "name=ghhdhggh&submit=Submit+Changes" 501 -

So actually you have two requests. First the POST and then the posted data
is send as separate request, which of course Apache could interpret
correctly.

Does it work when you change the METHOD to GET?

How do you call this page, directly or from another script via Execute?

Gerald

Gerald Richter ecos electronic communication services gmbh

Post: Tulpenstrasse 5 D-55276 Dienheim b. Mainz
E-Mail: richter@ecos.de Voice: +49 6133 925151
WWW: http://www.ecos.de Fax: +49 6133 925152
Re: %fdat not getting set/501 Method Not Implemented [ In reply to ]
> Does it work when you change the METHOD to GET?
yes it was the same problem.

Ok i figured it out ;)
The problem was related to the fact
that I had my "home" modperl_apache built
with the DSO method.
I built it (once again ;) statically and everything works like
a charm now.

-- taken from the mod_perl-1.21 INSTALL.apaci README file --
With Apache 1.3 there is support for building modules as Dynamic Shared
Objects (DSO). So there is support for DSO in mod_perl now, too. I<BUT THIS
IS STILL EXPERIMENTAL, SO BE WARNED!>
----
guess I should not ignore things like this ;)

Thanks
Jeff

On Sun, Apr 09, 2000 at 01:07:36PM +0200, Gerald Richter wrote:
> > access_log = (gives me two lines)
> > "POST /spooltalk/foo.phtml HTTP/1.0" 200 678
> > "name=ghhdhggh&submit=Submit+Changes" 501 -
> >

> So actually you have two requests. First the POST and then the posted data
> is send as separate request, which of course Apache could interpret
> correctly.
>
> Does it work when you change the METHOD to GET?
>
> How do you call this page, directly or from another script via Execute?
>
> Gerald

> Gerald Richter ecos electronic communication services gmbh
> Internetconnect * Webserver/-design/-datenbanken * Consulting
>
> Post: Tulpenstrasse 5 D-55276 Dienheim b. Mainz
> E-Mail: richter@ecos.de Voice: +49 6133 925151
> WWW: http://www.ecos.de Fax: +49 6133 925152
Jeff

| Nobody ever got into trouble |
| by keepin' his mouth shut. |
| -- Forrest Gump |
| -- Winston Groom |
RE: %fdat not getting set/501 Method Not Implemented [ In reply to ]
> -- taken from the mod_perl-1.21 INSTALL.apaci README file --
> With Apache 1.3 there is support for building modules as Dynamic Shared
> Objects (DSO). So there is support for DSO in mod_perl now, too.
> I<BUT THIS
> IS STILL EXPERIMENTAL, SO BE WARNED!>
> ----
> guess I should not ignore things like this ;)

Yes, there are also some notes/comments in the Embperl docs about DSO...

BTW. With mod_perl 1.22 this problems should be solved and it should also
work when build as DSO