hello,

I have working Embperl with apache in a redhat 6.1 with DSO.

I have many querys to Sybase DB and all work fine ...

But When I make a restart o httpd daemon alway the querys
whit EmbPerl exit whit signal 11.

and the only action for correct this problem is re-boot the machine ...

which is my problem ?

thanks in advance ....
RE: Embperl DBI - Sybase [ In reply to ]

could you clarify this sentence, please?

RE: Embperl DBI - Sybase [ In reply to ]
At 04:19 PM 4/7/00 -0400, Ilia Lobsanov wrote:

> [...]

Ok ,

Step 1.- All work fine with sybase, DBI , EmbPerl, ModPerl and Apache
Step 2.- /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd restart
Step 3.- => signal 11

Better ?

Bye

RE: Embperl DBI - Sybase [ In reply to ]
hello,

> I have working Embperl with apache in a redhat 6.1 with DSO.
>
> But When I make a restart o httpd daemon alway the querys
> whit EmbPerl exit whit signal 11.

With version of mod_perl? If you not already run mod_perl 1.22, upgrading to
1.22 should solve the problem. (or linking mod_perl staticly into Apache,
not as DSO)

Gerald

Gerald Richter ecos electronic communication services gmbh

Post: Tulpenstrasse 5 D-55276 Dienheim b. Mainz
E-Mail: richter@ecos.de Voice: +49 6133 925151
WWW: http://www.ecos.de Fax: +49 6133 925152
RE: Embperl DBI - Sybase [ In reply to ]
Hi Gerald,

Well, I change to version 1.22 but I had the same problem ...

another way ?
Bye

RE: Embperl DBI - Sybase [ In reply to ]
Hi Gerald,

RE: Embperl DBI - Sybase [ In reply to ]

> Well, I change to version 1.22 but I had the same problem ...
>
> another way ?

Then you should try to link mod_perl staticly into Apache (_not_ as DSO)

Gerald
RE: Embperl DBI - Sybase [ In reply to ]
hi ,

Now all work fine ... but I don't make the staticly version.

I have re-installed again :

Mod-Perl 1.22 (re-installed ,perl Makefile.PL
USE_APXS=1 WITH_APXS=/usr/sbin/apxs EVERYTHING=1 USE_DSO=1)
EmpPerl (re-installed)
DBD-Sybase (re-installed)

And I can restart httpd daemon without signal 11 .....

thanks for help !

bye

RE: Embperl DBI - Sybase [ In reply to ]
hi ,

> Now all work fine ... but I don't make the staticly version.
>
> I have re-installed again :
>
> Mod-Perl 1.22 (re-installed ,perl Makefile.PL
> USE_APXS=1 WITH_APXS=/usr/sbin/apxs EVERYTHING=1 USE_DSO=1)
> EmpPerl (re-installed)
> DBD-Sybase (re-installed)
>
> And I can restart httpd daemon without signal 11 .....

What I told you (see below), was to build without USE_DSO!!

USE_APACI=1 APACHE_SRC=/foo/bar EVERYTHING=1

Gerald