Mailing List Archive

RE: Insert with checkboxes

> I am not sure if you saw my post the other day looking for a way to get
> all the checkboxes passed forward, and then my reply realizing that the
> browser wasn't going to be any help.

Yes, I saw it, but since you answered your own mail before I read it, there
was no need to reply, because answering all these mails takes up a lot of my
time...

> Well I made the following kludge to get something similar.
>

> The $all_chk is a ref to an array of fields that have checkboxes
> associated with them in the form. I check to see if the value has been
> assigned and then if it hasn't I add it to the form elements.

map { $fdat{$_} ||= 0 } @$all_chk ;

Should do what you need. I didn't go in detail thru your code, but it seems
to work also.

> Would this be something useful in Embperl and or could it be added?

Would be usefull, but how should it added. How should Embperl know what
checkboxes do you have in your form. The things I could imagine to add to
Embperl will not be easier then this one line above.

> The
> reason I need it is because as previously stated I don't like checkboxes
> because if you are updating information from a form you don't know if
> they have been unchecked. Has this been covered before and I missed it?

No, it didn't had been covered

Gerald

Gerald Richter ecos electronic communication services gmbh

Post: Tulpenstrasse 5 D-55276 Dienheim b. Mainz
E-Mail: richter@ecos.de Voice: +49 6133 925151
WWW: http://www.ecos.de Fax: +49 6133 925152
Re: Insert with checkboxes [ In reply to ]
Thank you for replying.

I am smacking myself in the forhead right now.

I was sending the array to my function when all along I could have done the
processing right there in the page.

Thanks Gerald.

Aaron Johnson