Apache and mod_perl compiled without any problems. Is there something
obvious I have missed? I installed Apache from the ports tree, but I
downloaded and compiled mod_perl and embperl by hand. Apache and
mod_perl run fine, as far as I can tell.

Neil Conway <neilconway@home.com>
Get my GnuPG key from: http://klamath.dyndns.org/mykey.asc

You can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true.
-- Homer J. Simpson
Re: FreeBSD Install Problems [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Apr 02, 2000 at 10:37:24PM -0400, Aaron Johnson wrote:
> Did you install the Bundle::Apache with CPAN.pm?

Yes.

> If not did you install MD5?

If you mean the Perl 'MD5' module, yes, I've installed that.

> There is a complete list of the modules need on mod_perl site, usually though it will complain before the point you got to.

So is this a mod_perl problem or a HTML::Embperl problem?

> Perhaps you should reinstall the MD5 and make sure it is in working as well if you haven't already.

This works fine:

perl -e 'use MD5;use Bundle::Apache'

Is there anything else I should do to ensure MD5 and Bundle::Apache are
working?

--
Neil Conway <neilconway@home.com>
Get my GnuPG key from: http://klamath.dyndns.org/mykey.asc

If one really is a superior person, the fact is likely to leak out
without too much assistance.
-- John Andrew Homes
RE: FreeBSD Install Problems [ In reply to ]

> > If not did you install MD5?
>
> If you mean the Perl 'MD5' module, yes, I've installed that.
>
> > There is a complete list of the modules need on mod_perl site,
> usually though it will complain before the point you got to.
>
> So is this a mod_perl problem or a HTML::Embperl problem?

Neither. It's an problem with Digest::MD5.

> > Perhaps you should reinstall the MD5 and make sure it is in
> working as well if you haven't already.
>
> This works fine:
>
> perl -e 'use MD5;use Bundle::Apache'
>
> Is there anything else I should do to ensure MD5 and Bundle::Apache are
> working?

Maybe there are different Perl versions on your system and the make test
uses the wrong one...

At which point of make test do you get theres errors?

Gerald

Gerald Richter ecos electronic communication services gmbh

Post: Tulpenstrasse 5 D-55276 Dienheim b. Mainz
E-Mail: richter@ecos.de Voice: +49 6133 925151
WWW: http://www.ecos.de Fax: +49 6133 925152