$escmode = 0;
isn't enough I guess.
$optRedirectStdout = 16384;
doesn't work.
Embperl just stops sending the content after reaching some zero bytes.

Is there any way to send a binary file 'asis' using Embperl?

TIA,
Martin
RE: Sending binary files within Embperl [ In reply to ]
Hello,

> I use pdflib for generating a pdf-File inside a embperl-page.
> After the file is created I want to send it to the browser.
> Setting the content-type with $http_headers_out{'Content-Type'}
> works fine.
>
> But Embperl breaks the binary content of the pdf-file.
> $escmode = 0;
> isn't enough I guess.
> $optRedirectStdout = 16384;
> doesn't work.
> Embperl just stops sending the content after reaching some zero bytes.
>

> Is there any way to send a binary file 'asis' using Embperl?

This issue has came up serveral times in the last month. The current version
of Embperl isn't binary clean. As you already recognized, it stops at a
binary zero (because that's the end of a string in C). When I design
Embperl, I had only text files in mind.

It's already on the todo list and Embperl 2.0 will surely be binary clean. I
hope, but cannot promise, I get out a first beta of 2.0 during april

Gerald

Gerald Richter ecos electronic communication services gmbh

Post: Tulpenstrasse 5 D-55276 Dienheim b. Mainz
E-Mail: richter@ecos.de Voice: +49 6133 925151
WWW: http://www.ecos.de Fax: +49 6133 925152