Is there a main "Bible" for Embperl, either in book form or on the
Web? Something that explains how to use it, what the syntax is,
gives examples, etc?

I find that I learn best by example, but the snippets of code
(especially in the context of "This code does not work") that I am
reading here do not help much in that regard.

Thank you for any help/direction.

-- Jonathan
Re: An EmbPerl Bible/Reference? [ In reply to ]
embperl http://perl.apache.org/embperl/index.html
this is what you want ;)

mod_perl http://perl.apache.org/

and the famous
http://perl.apache.org/guide/

Jeff

On Thu, Mar 23, 2000 at 12:58:28PM -0400, jmeltze@vipcompute.com wrote:
> I tried to post this earlier, but it did not seem to work. Not sure
> why.
>
> I am new to this list, though I have been reading the modperl list for
> a long time. The questions asked on that list usually are at a level
> above my understanding, but I get ideas from reading them.
>
> My main question here is:
>
> Is there a main "Bible" for Embperl, either in book form or on the
> Web? Something that explains how to use it, what the syntax is,
> gives examples, etc?
>
> I find that I learn best by example, but the snippets of code
> (especially in the context of "This code does not work") that I am
> reading here do not help much in that regard.
>
> Thank you for any help/direction.
>
> -- Jonathan

Jeff

| Only two things are infinite, the universe and human |
| stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. |
| -- Albert Einstein |
| Jeff Sheffield |
| jsheffie@buzzard.kdi.com |
Re: An EmbPerl Bible/Reference? [ In reply to ]
On 23 Mar 00, at 11:17, Jeff Sheffield wrote:

> embperl http://perl.apache.org/embperl/index.html
> this is what you want ;)

Absolutely! Thank you very much.

> mod_perl http://perl.apache.org/

This I knew about. I also have the Writing Apache Modules with
Perl and C book. I am just not ready to port my stuff over yet.

> and the famous
> http://perl.apache.org/guide/

Right. Knew about this one too,but thanks.

Once again, thanks for giving me exactly what I needed to get
started.

-- Jonathan