Mailing List Archive

Re: cvs commit: modperl-docs/src/docs/2.0/api/APR Table.pod
stas@apache.org wrote:
> stas 2003/08/19 19:36:40
>
> Modified: src/docs/2.0/api/APR Table.pod
> Log:
> fix markup

thanks :)

is the syntax checker in cvs or do you just use some CPAN module? whatever
it is, I'll whip up a script and put it in util/ so I don't make the mistake
a second (or fifth :) time.

--Geoff

Re: cvs commit: modperl-docs/src/docs/2.0/api/APR Table.pod [ In reply to ]
Geoffrey Young wrote:

> stas@apache.org wrote:
>
>> stas 2003/08/19 19:36:40
>>
>> Modified: src/docs/2.0/api/APR Table.pod
>> Log:
>> fix markup
>

> thanks :)
>
> is the syntax checker in cvs or do you just use some CPAN module?
> whatever it is, I'll whip up a script and put it in util/ so I don't
> make the mistake a second (or fifth :) time.

You don't need a script, just run bin/build it reports parsing problems if
any. You want to run it anyways, to see that the final rendering is how you
intented it.

one drawback is that it doesn't report the line numbers correctly :( due to
the way Pod::POM parser is written.

Re: cvs commit: modperl-docs/src/docs/2.0/api/APR Table.pod [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 22:48, Stas Bekman wrote:
> Geoffrey Young wrote:
> >

> > stas@apache.org wrote:
> >
> >> stas 2003/08/19 19:36:40
> >>
> >> Modified: src/docs/2.0/api/APR Table.pod
> >> Log:
> >> fix markup
> >

> > thanks :)
> >
> > is the syntax checker in cvs or do you just use some CPAN module?
> > whatever it is, I'll whip up a script and put it in util/ so I don't
> > make the mistake a second (or fifth :) time.
>
> You don't need a script, just run bin/build it reports parsing problems if
> any. You want to run it anyways, to see that the final rendering is how you
> intented it.
>
> one drawback is that it doesn't report the line numbers correctly :( due to
> the way Pod::POM parser is written.

podchecker file.pod is my way to handle that.

Re: cvs commit: modperl-docs/src/docs/2.0/api/APR Table.pod [ In reply to ]
Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 22:48, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>Geoffrey Young wrote:

>>>thanks :)
>>>
>>>is the syntax checker in cvs or do you just use some CPAN module?
>>>whatever it is, I'll whip up a script and put it in util/ so I don't
>>>make the mistake a second (or fifth :) time.
>>
>>You don't need a script, just run bin/build it reports parsing problems if
>>any. You want to run it anyways, to see that the final rendering is how you
>>intented it.
>>
>>one drawback is that it doesn't report the line numbers correctly :( due to
>>the way Pod::POM parser is written.
>

> podchecker file.pod is my way to handle that.

That doesn't work. It doesn't catch problems Pod::POM reports. :(