only one KEYS file.

--
Eric Cholet

Re: dist/win32-bin/ [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 16 Aug 2003, Eric Cholet wrote:

> Hi,
>
> dist/win32-bin/ isn't under CVS, I think this should be fixed by
> adding these files to the CVS repository:
>
> dist/win32bin/HEADER.html
> dist/win32bin/README.html

Sorry for the delay - I was away for a while.

Adding these files is fine with me - should I do that?

> As for dist/win32bin/KEYS, I think it should be removed, it
> contains a duplication of the instructions in dist/KEYS,
> and Randy's key. I would much rather see it go away, and
> just move Randy's key to dist/KEYS. Much better IMHO to have
> only one KEYS file.

I agree ... Do I just add in the info in dist/win32-bin/KEYS
to dist/KEYS manually, and then commit it? At one point I
think I tried that, but got refused, I assume because of
permissions ...

--
best regards,
randy

Re: dist/win32-bin/ [ In reply to ]
Le mercredi, 20 aoû 2003, à 00:24 Europe/Paris, Randy Kobes a écrit :

> On Sat, 16 Aug 2003, Eric Cholet wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> dist/win32-bin/ isn't under CVS, I think this should be fixed by
>> adding these files to the CVS repository:
>>
>> dist/win32bin/HEADER.html
>> dist/win32bin/README.html
>
> Sorry for the delay - I was away for a while.
>
> Adding these files is fine with me - should I do that?

+1

>> As for dist/win32bin/KEYS, I think it should be removed, it
>> contains a duplication of the instructions in dist/KEYS,
>> and Randy's key. I would much rather see it go away, and
>> just move Randy's key to dist/KEYS. Much better IMHO to have
>> only one KEYS file.
>
> I agree ... Do I just add in the info in dist/win32-bin/KEYS
> to dist/KEYS manually, and then commit it?

Yes, then we can get rid of dist/win32-bin/KEYS, though it
I haven't checked wether that file is referenced by any docs
or readmes.

> At one point I
> think I tried that, but got refused, I assume because of
> permissions ...

That's odd, according to the avail file there isn't anything
finer grained that modperl-docs, so you should be able to
commit anywhere in the repository. Maybe you lacked karma
to update that file in www.apache.org, but it doesn't matter
now since it's done by a script.

--
Eric Cholet

Re: dist/win32-bin/ [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Eric Cholet wrote:

> Le mercredi, 20 aoû 2003, à 00:24 Europe/Paris, Randy Kobes a écrit :
>
> > On Sat, 16 Aug 2003, Eric Cholet wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> dist/win32-bin/ isn't under CVS, I think this should be fixed by
> >> adding these files to the CVS repository:
> >>
> >> dist/win32bin/HEADER.html
> >> dist/win32bin/README.html
> >
> > Sorry for the delay - I was away for a while.
> >
> > Adding these files is fine with me - should I do that?
>
> +1

Thanks - I've done that.

> >> As for dist/win32bin/KEYS, I think it should be removed, it
> >> contains a duplication of the instructions in dist/KEYS,
> >> and Randy's key. I would much rather see it go away, and
> >> just move Randy's key to dist/KEYS. Much better IMHO to have
> >> only one KEYS file.
> >
> > I agree ... Do I just add in the info in dist/win32-bin/KEYS
> > to dist/KEYS manually, and then commit it?
>
> Yes, then we can get rid of dist/win32-bin/KEYS, though it
> I haven't checked wether that file is referenced by any docs
> or readmes.

I moved my key info from dist/win32-bin/KEYS into dist/KEYS,
and removed dist/win32-bin/KEYS. I hope I added it in the
right format - please let me know if not ...

--
best regards,
randy

Re: dist/win32-bin/ [ In reply to ]

>>>I agree ... Do I just add in the info in dist/win32-bin/KEYS
>>>to dist/KEYS manually, and then commit it?
>>
>>Yes, then we can get rid of dist/win32-bin/KEYS, though it
>>I haven't checked wether that file is referenced by any docs
>>or readmes.
>

> I moved my key info from dist/win32-bin/KEYS into dist/KEYS,
> and removed dist/win32-bin/KEYS. I hope I added it in the
> right format - please let me know if not ...

I didn't see the commit email. Any idea why? Could be that we still have a
problem with mail delays on apache.org (due to too many emails)

But I did update and received the changed KYES file. I think you have missed
the owner header, see the rest of the entries in that file.

Re: dist/win32-bin/ [ In reply to ]
> I didn't see the commit email. Any idea why? Could be that we still have
> a problem with mail delays on apache.org (due to too many emails)

Indeed, I've received it a few minutes later.

Re: dist/win32-bin/ [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Stas Bekman wrote:

> >>Yes, then we can get rid of dist/win32-bin/KEYS, though it
> >>I haven't checked wether that file is referenced by any docs
> >>or readmes.
> >

> > I moved my key info from dist/win32-bin/KEYS into dist/KEYS,
> > and removed dist/win32-bin/KEYS. I hope I added it in the
> > right format - please let me know if not ...
>
> I didn't see the commit email. Any idea why? Could be that
> we still have a problem with mail delays on apache.org
> (due to too many emails)

I just got it a minute ago, so there was quite a delay.
It might also be these viruses clogging things up.

> But I did update and received the changed KYES file. I think you have missed
> the owner header, see the rest of the entries in that file.

I saw that, but I wasn't sure how to generate the header - I
used pgp on daedalus. Does anyone know how to do that with
pgp? Thanks.

--
best regards,
randy

Re: dist/win32-bin/ [ In reply to ]
>>But I did update and received the changed KYES file. I think you have missed
>>the owner header, see the rest of the entries in that file.
>

> I saw that, but I wasn't sure how to generate the header - I
> used pgp on daedalus. Does anyone know how to do that with
> pgp? Thanks.

The instructions are kindly provided by Eric at the top of src/dist/KEYS

Re: dist/win32-bin/ [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Stas Bekman wrote:

> >>But I did update and received the changed KYES file. I
> >>think you have missed the owner header, see the rest of
> >>the entries in that file.
> >

> > I saw that, but I wasn't sure how to generate the header - I
> > used pgp on daedalus. Does anyone know how to do that with
> > pgp? Thanks.
>
> The instructions are kindly provided by Eric at the top of
> src/dist/KEYS

For pgp, I used, as was suggested,
pgp -kxa
but this didn't generate any header info.

--
best regards,
randy

Re: dist/win32-bin/ [ In reply to ]
Randy Kobes wrote:

>>>I saw that, but I wasn't sure how to generate the header - I
>>>used pgp on daedalus. Does anyone know how to do that with
>>>pgp? Thanks.
>>
>>The instructions are kindly provided by Eric at the top of
>>src/dist/KEYS
>

> For pgp, I used, as was suggested,
> pgp -kxa
> but this didn't generate any header info.

Right, I suppose it depends on the pgp version you are using, try:

pgp -kl randyk

For me, it's 'pgpk -l stas'

Re: dist/win32-bin/ [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Randy Kobes wrote:
[ .. ]
> > For pgp, I used, as was suggested,
> > pgp -kxa
> > but this didn't generate any header info.
>
> Right, I suppose it depends on the pgp version you are using, try:
>
> pgp -kl randyk
>
> For me, it's 'pgpk -l stas'

daedalus must be running a different pgp version - there's
no -l switch available with -k. I'll poke around some more
in it .... In the meantime, should KEYS be reverted to the
previous version, or is it OK without the header info?

--
best regards,
randy

Re: dist/win32-bin/ [ In reply to ]
Randy Kobes wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Stas Bekman wrote:
>

>>Randy Kobes wrote:
>
> [ .. ]
>
>>>For pgp, I used, as was suggested,
>>> pgp -kxa
>>>but this didn't generate any header info.
>>
>>Right, I suppose it depends on the pgp version you are using, try:
>>
>> pgp -kl randyk
>>
>>For me, it's 'pgpk -l stas'
>

> daedalus must be running a different pgp version - there's
> no -l switch available with -k. I'll poke around some more
> in it ....

yup, there is a whole bunch of pgp versions. Eric will sure know what's going on.

> In the meantime, should KEYS be reverted to the
> previous version, or is it OK without the header info?

I think this is OK, since that info is only for yourself, so you know which
key to update if you have any change.

Re: dist/win32-bin/ [ In reply to ]
Stas Bekman wrote:

>>> Right, I suppose it depends on the pgp version you are using, try:
>>>
>>> pgp -kl randyk
>>>
>>> For me, it's 'pgpk -l stas'
>>

>> daedalus must be running a different pgp version - there's
>> no -l switch available with -k. I'll poke around some more
>> in it ....
>
> yup, there is a whole bunch of pgp versions. Eric will sure know what's
> going on.

yes, PGP is a mess. Maybe pgp -kvv ... will work for you.
Anyway it doesn't matter, I'll add the missing header.

>> In the meantime, should KEYS be reverted to the
>> previous version, or is it OK without the header info?
>
> I think this is OK, since that info is only for yourself, so you know
> which key to update if you have any change.

Yes the key itself contains all necessary info, the header is just
documenting the key.

BTW Randy I hope you don't have your private key on daedalus. These
days the easiest is probably to use GnuPG, on one's own machine.

--
Eric Cholet