Thanks!

[.Note that older releases are always available from the ASF archive server]

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#when-to-archive

Re: Please delete old releases from mirroring system [ In reply to ]
PING

Re: Please delete old releases from mirroring system [ In reply to ]
Anyone here able to do this on people.apache.org? Just reset my
password, but I left an ssh login session open and now appear to be
temporarily banned at the firewall level.

Will try later unless someone else can.

Re: Please delete old releases from mirroring system [ In reply to ]
On 31 December 2013 04:41, Fred Moyer <fred@redhotpenguin.com> wrote:
> Anyone here able to do this on people.apache.org? Just reset my
> password, but I left an ssh login session open and now appear to be
> temporarily banned at the firewall level.

It cannot be done on people, because the project is now using svnpubsub.

Please just delete the files from SVN at

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/perl/

Anyone on the PMC should be able to do that.

You can reset your password using

https://id.apache.org/

Re: Please delete old releases from mirroring system [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I've deleted 2.0.7 from https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/perl/.
Please let us know if anything further is required.

Sorry for the delay on this. We've only just switched to svnpubsub and are
still figuring it out.

- Perrin

Re: Please delete old releases from mirroring system [ In reply to ]
On 31 December 2013 14:55, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 31 December 2013 04:41, Fred Moyer <fred@redhotpenguin.com> wrote:
>> Anyone here able to do this on people.apache.org? Just reset my
>> password, but I left an ssh login session open and now appear to be
>> temporarily banned at the firewall level.
>
> It cannot be done on people, because the project is now using svnpubsub.
>
> Please just delete the files from SVN at
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/perl/
>
> Anyone on the PMC should be able to do that.
>
> You can reset your password using
>
> https://id.apache.org/

Just noticed that the download page still points to 2.0.7 as the latest version.

However,

mod_perl-2.0-current.tar.gz

contains a copy of 2.0.8 so clearly 2.0.8 is the current release.

It's also quite unusual to have a browsable copy of the source on the
ASF mirrors.
This doubles the amount of space taken, and is not scalable.

It would be better to provide a link to the SVN tag.

Also the download page should have links to the KEYS file, and to the
hashes and sigs for each downloadable item.
Have a look at the httpd download pages for examples of how it can be presented.

Re: Please delete old releases from mirroring system [ In reply to ]
FYI. I deleted the -current stuff and fixed the other issues. The
links on our download page on perl.apache.org are currently pretty
broken, but they were broken long before I made these changes. Looks
like they were never fixed after hosting of releases moved off
perl.apache.org. I'll see if I can fix them soon. My feeling is that
everyone gets mod_perl from CPAN, so it doesn't make much difference,
but it looks bad.

- Perrin

Re: Please delete old releases from mirroring system [ In reply to ]
Thanks. When I released 2.0.8, there was a problem with the rsync from
people.apache.org to the download sites. I pinged infra@apache.org
twice about it but didn't get a response.

Re: Please delete old releases from mirroring system [ In reply to ]
On 2 January 2014 00:26, Perrin Harkins <perrin@elem.com> wrote:
> FYI. I deleted the -current stuff and fixed the other issues. The
> links on our download page on perl.apache.org are currently pretty
> broken, but they were broken long before I made these changes. Looks
> like they were never fixed after hosting of releases moved off
> perl.apache.org. I'll see if I can fix them soon. My feeling is that
> everyone gets mod_perl from CPAN, so it doesn't make much difference,
> but it looks bad.

Even if people generally get the code from CPAN, it is an ASF
requirement to make the source bundle release available from the ASF
mirror system.
And the download page must use the appropriate mirror script to point
to the source release.

http://www.apache.org/dev/release-publishing.html#distribution

Re: Please delete old releases from mirroring system [ In reply to ]
The source bundle releases are there. It's just the links on
perl.apache.org that are broken. They will be fixed.

I don't see anything on that page about pointing to releases with a mirror
script. Do you have more info on that?

- Perrin

Re: Please delete old releases from mirroring system [ In reply to ]

http://www.apache.org/dev/release-download-pages

Re: Please delete old releases from mirroring system [ In reply to ]
On 31 December 2013 17:53, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's also quite unusual to have a browsable copy of the source on the
> ASF mirrors.
> This doubles the amount of space taken, and is not scalable.
>
> It would be better to provide a link to the SVN tag.
>

> Also the download page should have links to the KEYS file, and to the
> hashes and sigs for each downloadable item.
> Have a look at the httpd download pages for examples of how it can be presented.

This is all now done in
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/perl and
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/docs/trunk/src/download/index_top.html

We just need to regenerate
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/site/download/index.html from
the latter and we should be all good then.

So does anyone know how/where (on people.apache.org? as perlwww?) we
run the script to regenerate the site from
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/docs/trunk???

Re: Please delete old releases from mirroring system [ In reply to ]
On 27 January 2014 09:21, Steve Hay <steve.m.hay@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 31 December 2013 17:53, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> It's also quite unusual to have a browsable copy of the source on the
>> ASF mirrors.
>> This doubles the amount of space taken, and is not scalable.
>>
>> It would be better to provide a link to the SVN tag.
>>

>> Also the download page should have links to the KEYS file, and to the
>> hashes and sigs for each downloadable item.
>> Have a look at the httpd download pages for examples of how it can be presented.
>>

> This is all now done in
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/perl and
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/docs/trunk/src/download/index_top.html

It looks like the you are not yet using svnpubsub for your release directory.
So either you need to copy the md5 and sha1 files to
/www/www.apache.org/dist/perl or you need to raise a JIRA for infra to
convert you to svnpubsub.

Or you could do both; copy the missing files from dist/release/perl
now, and then svnpubsub will take over.

> We just need to regenerate
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/site/download/index.html from
> the latter and we should be all good then.
>
> So does anyone know how/where (on people.apache.org? as perlwww?) we
> run the script to regenerate the site from
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/docs/trunk???

As far as I can tell, you are using svnpubsub for the website, so that
will depend on whether you are also using CMS.

Re: Please delete old releases from mirroring system [ In reply to ]
On 27 January 2014 18:12, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 27 January 2014 09:21, Steve Hay <steve.m.hay@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On 31 December 2013 17:53, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> It's also quite unusual to have a browsable copy of the source on the
>>> ASF mirrors.
>>> This doubles the amount of space taken, and is not scalable.
>>>
>>> It would be better to provide a link to the SVN tag.
>>>

>>> Also the download page should have links to the KEYS file, and to the
>>> hashes and sigs for each downloadable item.
>>> Have a look at the httpd download pages for examples of how it can be presented.
>>>

>> This is all now done in
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/perl and
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/docs/trunk/src/download/index_top.html
>
> It looks like the you are not yet using svnpubsub for your release directory.
> So either you need to copy the md5 and sha1 files to
> /www/www.apache.org/dist/perl or you need to raise a JIRA for infra to
> convert you to svnpubsub.
>
> Or you could do both; copy the missing files from dist/release/perl
> now, and then svnpubsub will take over.

I believe we are using SvnPubSub for releases - see JIRA INFRA-6707

However, I noticed myself that the files at
http://www.apache.org/dist/perl/ do not reflect the changes I have
made in SVN, so I have raised another JIRA regarding this already:
INFRA-7241

>> We just need to regenerate
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/site/download/index.html from
>> the latter and we should be all good then.
>>
>> So does anyone know how/where (on people.apache.org? as perlwww?) we
>> run the script to regenerate the site from
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/docs/trunk???
>
> As far as I can tell, you are using svnpubsub for the website, so that
> will depend on whether you are also using CMS.

Yes, we are using SvnPubSub for the website too (see INFRA-7055), but
we still intend to generate the contents of the SVN folder from
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/docs/trunk like we
always used to, so that's what I've edited so far... I'm just not yet
sure how/where to regenerate the website files from that. A cron job
on people.apache.org used to do it. I think we need to run largely the
same script (but outputting to a different location) and then check
the output into SVN, but I've yet to figure out the details.

Re: Please delete old releases from mirroring system [ In reply to ]
On 27 January 2014 21:12, Steve Hay <steve.m.hay@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 27 January 2014 18:12, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> This is all now done in
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/perl and
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/docs/trunk/src/download/index_top.html
>>
>> It looks like the you are not yet using svnpubsub for your release directory.
>> So either you need to copy the md5 and sha1 files to
>> /www/www.apache.org/dist/perl or you need to raise a JIRA for infra to
>> convert you to svnpubsub.
>>
>> Or you could do both; copy the missing files from dist/release/perl
>> now, and then svnpubsub will take over.
>
> I believe we are using SvnPubSub for releases - see JIRA INFRA-6707

Ah.

I was going by the fact that the copy on minotaur still shows files
owned by phred rather than svnwc.
I assumed that would also be updated when the main mirrors were
changed to svnpubsub, but it seems not.

Re: Please delete old releases from mirroring system [ In reply to ]
On 27 January 2014 23:38, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 27 January 2014 21:12, Steve Hay <steve.m.hay@googlemail.com> wrote:

>>> It looks like the you are not yet using svnpubsub for your release directory.
>>> So either you need to copy the md5 and sha1 files to
>>> /www/www.apache.org/dist/perl or you need to raise a JIRA for infra to
>>> convert you to svnpubsub.
>>>
>>> Or you could do both; copy the missing files from dist/release/perl
>>> now, and then svnpubsub will take over.
>>
>> I believe we are using SvnPubSub for releases - see JIRA INFRA-6707
>
> Ah.
>
> I was going by the fact that the copy on minotaur still shows files
> owned by phred rather than svnwc.
> I assumed that would also be updated when the main mirrors were
> changed to svnpubsub, but it seems not.
>
>> However, I noticed myself that the files at
>> http://www.apache.org/dist/perl/ do not reflect the changes I have
>> made in SVN, so I have raised another JIRA regarding this already:
>> INFRA-7241

This JIRA ticket is resolved now, and

http://apache.org/dist/perl/

is now all good, except for one missing signature in win32-bin that
we've just been notified about, which I will look into soon.

Please let us know if anything else needs doing there.

>>> As far as I can tell, you are using svnpubsub for the website, so that
>>> will depend on whether you are also using CMS.
>>
>> Yes, we are using SvnPubSub for the website too (see INFRA-7055), but
>> we still intend to generate the contents of the SVN folder from
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/docs/trunk like we
>> always used to, so that's what I've edited so far... I'm just not yet
>> sure how/where to regenerate the website files from that. A cron job
>> on people.apache.org used to do it. I think we need to run largely the
>> same script (but outputting to a different location) and then check
>> the output into SVN, but I've yet to figure out the details.

I haven't forgotten about this either and will update

http://perl.apache.org/download/

as soon as I can figure out how to regenerate it from
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/docs/trunk