Mailing List Archive

httpd24 branch now works with both httpd-2.2 and httpd-2.4
Hi,

I have done some work on httpd24 branch today.

Already done:
- xs/tables are now divided into two separate directories:
xs/tables/current and xs/tables/current24 (2.2 vs. 2.4)
- xs_generate generates output to the proper directory according to
httpd version.
- everything should compile fine with both httpd versions
- tests should work properly with both versions. there are currently
some failing tests, but they fail even in trunk for me.

What's missing (TODO):
- xs/maps are still httpd-2.4 only, so if you try to run "make
xs_generate" with httpd-2.2, it will break.

We have to use #ifdefs in the xs/maps and merge xs/maps from trunk with
xs/maps from httpd24 branch. I will do that, but probably not this week.

I think it could be ready for merge after some more testing and when the
things on TODO list above gets fixed.

Regards,
Jan Kaluza

Re: httpd24 branch now works with both httpd-2.2 and httpd-2.4 [ In reply to ]
That's great. Thank you, Jan.

- Perrin

Re: httpd24 branch now works with both httpd-2.2 and httpd-2.4 [ In reply to ]
On 06/27/2013 12:55 PM, Jan Kaluža wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have done some work on httpd24 branch today.
>
> Already done:
> - xs/tables are now divided into two separate directories:
> xs/tables/current and xs/tables/current24 (2.2 vs. 2.4)
> - xs_generate generates output to the proper directory according to
> httpd version.
> - everything should compile fine with both httpd versions
> - tests should work properly with both versions. there are currently
> some failing tests, but they fail even in trunk for me.
>
> What's missing (TODO):
> - xs/maps are still httpd-2.4 only, so if you try to run "make
> xs_generate" with httpd-2.2, it will break.

This should work now (at least it works for me).

> We have to use #ifdefs in the xs/maps and merge xs/maps from trunk with
> xs/maps from httpd24 branch. I will do that, but probably not this week.
>
> I think it could be ready for merge after some more testing and when the
> things on TODO list above gets fixed.
>
> Regards,
> Jan Kaluza

Jan Kaluza