Mailing List Archive

Re: Time for 2.0.8?
On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 11:07 AM, Steve Hay <Steve.Hay@verosoftware.com> wrote:
> Yes, my understanding is that the httpd-2.4 compat changes are all currently
> in a branch, which I keep trying to find time to take a look at!... :-/

I hear you, tuits are demand currently.

I'll post the RC1 shortly. So this is also last call for 2.0.8
bugfixes. There are about 16 open tickets on rt.cpan.org.

And if anyone has suggestions for changing META.yml to use 'version:
2.0.8' instead of 'version_from: lib/mod_perl2.pm' please let me know.
That will make it work with Stratopan (http://stratopan.com/), which
would make my life a lot easier.

Re: Time for 2.0.8? [ In reply to ]
On 03/18/2013 03:15 PM, Fred Moyer wrote:
> +1. There was one issue I wanted to resolve with the YAML file using
> version_from insteas if version, but I will start the release wheels.
> This won't have httpd 2.4 compat yet correct?

Actually, I think Joe Orton committed some of my httpd-2.4 related
patches to trunk, but they are guarded by #ifdefs and do not affect the
code anyhow until you try to compile mod_perl against httpd-2.4. In this
case, you have to do the "make source_scan" and "make xs_generate"
exercise. So, current trunk contains some httppd-2.4 related changes,
but they are not used yet and you are not able to actually compile and
use mod_perl-trunk with httpd-2.4 yet. You have to use httpd-2.4 branch.

So, you are right. I just wanted to make it more accurate.

> On Mar 18, 2013 5:41 AM, "Adam Prime" <adam.prime@utoronto.ca
> <mailto:adam.prime@utoronto.ca>> wrote:
>
> +1
>
> On 03/18/2013 05:32 AM, Steve Hay wrote:
> > The mod_perl trunk now contains a bunch of fixes for recent
> versions of
> > perl, especially with respect to changes to rehashing. These changes
> > will be necessary for mod_perl to build with the forthcoming perl
> > 5.18.0. That is due to be released on 18th May, and the perl repo
> is in
> > full code freeze from Wednesday (20th March) so in theory no further
> > changes will be forthcoming which will require fixes to mod_perl.
> >
> > Therefore, it would be good to roll a new release of mod_perl
> very soon
> > so that we have a release which works with 5.18.0 when that gets
> > released.

> <mailto:dev-help@perl.apache.org>

Jan Kaluza