measuring active usage at any given time.

Thank you for your help!
Steve

Viewing all open/active sessions? [ In reply to ]
Greetings,

Is there an easy way to view all open sessions for a given instance of
Apache::ASP? I realize that it is possible for me to keep track of
this myself, but since the system manages sessions transparently, I
really don't want to reinvent the wheel. Even a command-line perl
tool to interrogate a state directory would be great; I just want some
way of measuring active usage at any given time.

Thank you for your help!
Steve

RE: Viewing all open/active sessions? [ In reply to ]
> Is there an easy way to view all open sessions for a
> given instance of Apache::ASP?

Yes, it is possible.

> I realize that it is
> possible for me to keep track of this myself, but
> since the system manages sessions transparently, I
> really don't want to reinvent the wheel.

If you are using Sync::MLDBM as your persistence mechanism then you can
descend through the state directory, looking for sessions that have not
timed out.

> Even a
> command-line perl tool to interrogate a state
> directory would be great; I just want some way of
> measuring active usage at any given time.

Another way to go about it might include:

sub Session_OnStart
{
push @{ $Application->{session_ids} }, $Session->{SessionID};
}

sub Session_OnEnd
{
my @ids = @{ $Application->{session_ids} };
@ids = grep { $_ ne $Session->{SessionID} };
$Application->{session_ids} = \@ids;
}

...Then, to get a list of all active sessions, just access
$Application->{session_ids}

RE: Viewing all open/active sessions? [ In reply to ]
Woops, that would be:

sub Session_OnEnd
{
my @ids = @{ $Application->{session_ids} };