Mailing List Archive

Running the asp demo example files
Hi,

I am having problems with running the demo asp example files,
essentially the source code is being shown in the web browser .

The system setup is Linux based

Fedora Core 4

Apache 2.0.55

Mod Perl 2.0.2 compiled statically within Apache.

Apache is installed under /usr/local/apache2 and the example site in
/usr/local/apache2/asp/eg

For testing purposes I did a chmod -R 777 on the asp directory. I also
checked the .htaccess is present in the asp/eg directory

For the httpd.conf file I added these settings to the bottom of the
httpd.conf file

PerlModule Apache::ASP

<Files ~ (\.asp)>

SetHandler perl-script

PerlHandler Apache::ASP

PerlSetVar Global .

PerlSetVar StateDir /tmp/asp

</Files>

<Directory $DOCUMENT_ROOT/asp/eg>

Options FollowSymlinks

AllowOverride ALL

</Directory>

This is the output from the site:

#!/usr/bin/perl /usr/bin/asp-perl

[0]%>> ([0]%>>source)

There appear to be no errors from the apache error_log

Any ideas or clues to this behaviour?

Thanks,

Andrew
Re: Running the asp demo example files [ In reply to ]
Hey all,

Is it possible to complete a cookieless Redirect, but still holding the
current SessionID?

from my global.asa file, I run this command from a sub:

$Response->Redirect( $Server->URL('test.asp', { err => 2 }) );

I call the sub at the start of an asp page

What seems to be the problem is that it results in a new Session-id being
created, which is not what I want - I want to keep the same session-id.
Where am I going wrong?

thanks

Phil.
Re: Running the asp demo example files [ In reply to ]
Andrew Yu wrote:
> For the httpd.conf file I added these settings to the bottom of the
> httpd.conf file

I don't see that you changed the DirectoryIndex directive.

Are you certain that mod_perl is working? Can you try a simple "Hello,
world!" type program to prove it?