I want to use sendmail in an asp page, thought the best way would be to call a simple perl script; does anyone know how to do that?

Thanks;
Cliff
Re: calling perl script from an asp page under apache [ In reply to ]
Cliff Rubin wrote:

> I want to use sendmail in an asp page, thought the best way would be
> to call a simple perl script; does anyone know how to do that?
>
> Thanks;
> Cliff

In ASP, in a <% ... %> tag you are basically "in Perl", so just do
whatever you would do in a "regular" perl script, e.g. open a PIPE to
the sendmail binary, etc.

...or use MIME::Lite, and let it take care of your mailing :)

- Fagzal

Re: calling perl script from an asp page under apache [ In reply to ]
tried it and got a vbscript error

Re: calling perl script from an asp page under apache [ In reply to ]
When I pull out all the vbscript on the page and try to run the perl I still
get a vb error similar to the one below and yet this IS a linux server
running apache

Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0408'

Invalid character

/application/mainform.asp, line 85

$Response->Write("Hello World! </FONT> <BR>");
^Thanks for your help!----- Original Message -----

Re: calling perl script from an asp page under apache [ In reply to ]
These pages were originally built and run on IIS, then moved to a Linux
Apache server. The ISP activated something that made the asp work, BUT, the
function that sends an email doesn't wrok because that mail server is not on
the apache server, thus, I'm wanting to write a snippet of code to use
sendmail which is, SO can anyone help me in doing so?

Thanks;
Cliff