for one and half year ?

Could tell me the answer? thanks a lot

wen 20050617

my questions about apache-asp [ In reply to ]
HI,
i have some questions about apache-asp:

1) can apache-asp support using access database?

2) does apache-asp stop developping now since there is no update

Re: my questions about apache-asp [ In reply to ]
wenheping2000 wrote:
> HI,
> i have some questions about apache-asp:
>
> 1) can apache-asp support using access database?

You could access an Access database by using DBD::ODBC on windows.

> 2) does apache-asp stop developping now since there is no update
> for one and half year ?

Certainly development slowed down, but there was a new release published
last month:

http://search.cpan.org/~chamas/Apache-ASP-2.59/

Regards,

Josh

Re: my questions about apache-asp [ In reply to ]
| 2) does apache-asp stop developping now since there is no update
|for one and half year ?

]- Apache::ASP is a matured module, and very much error free :"))
I think this is the main reason there is not a big activity.

As I'm talking, one question from me too.. :") Is it possible to use Apache::Session separately
as a standalone module ?

| Could tell me the answer? thanks a lot

-----
http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2004-12-08-004-32-OS-BZ-DT-0005
snip> MS Office is popular in the same way as heart disease is the most popular way to die.

Re: my questions about apache-asp [ In reply to ]
raptor@tvskat.net wrote:
> | 2) does apache-asp stop developping now since there is no update
> |for one and half year ?
>
> ]- Apache::ASP is a matured module, and very much error free :"))
> I think this is the main reason there is not a big activity.

Thanks :)

> As I'm talking, one question from me too.. :") Is it possible to use Apache::Session separately
> as a standalone module ?

Apache::Session has little to do with Apache::ASP, but you could use
it to create a $Session during Script_OnStart global.asa event.

Regards,

Josh

Re: my questions about apache-asp [ In reply to ]
From: "wenheping2000" <wenheping2000@yahoo.com>
> 1) can apache-asp support using access database?

In addition to the ODBC solution mentioned before, I have also done a rudimentary perl module to make use of the read functionalities of the mdbtools package from SourceForge (based on a similar module I got from someone else). I actually added in a little bit of sorting functionality to what mdbtools itself provides (hey that's what perl is good at, right?) and started working on concepts to incorporate more advanced SQL parsing in the interface, but given the finite nature of time never quite got there. The amount I got done allows me to retrieve data from an MDB file under linux and process using apache-asp to generate mailing lists and such on the fly, which is what I needed it to do.

I never even started looking at any "write" functionality, as that was just beginning to be implemented into the mdbtools libraries and the project I was working on didn't really need it. I started pulling the package into a distributable form, but not much has happened on that front either. If you are interested I can see about at least putting it into a form that can be passed along.

Jon Dixon
dixonjon@lycos.com
http://dixonjon.tripod.com/