very helpfull in same situations.

Did i miss something or does MailErrorsTo never set a date?

Helmut

Re: MailErrorsTo [ In reply to ]
Helmut wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i am using "MailErrorsTo" to get infos from scripts,
> that have been crashed on the production web server.
>
> ..
> PerlSetVar MailHost localhost
> PerlSetVar MailFrom webmaster@hzlabs.de
> PerlSetVar MailErrorsTo webmaster@hzlabs.de
> ..
>
> Mailer: exim 4.x
>
> Problem: The mails do not have a date, which would be
> very helpfull in same situations.
>
> Did i miss something or does MailErrorsTo never set a date?

When I use this feature, there is an SMTP date which is displayed
in my mail client. When is this not sufficient?

Regards,

Josh

Re: MailErrorsTo [ In reply to ]
Hi,

>> i am using "MailErrorsTo" to get infos from scripts,
>> that have been crashed on the production web server.
>>
>> ..
>> PerlSetVar MailHost localhost
>> PerlSetVar MailFrom webmaster@hzlabs.de
>> PerlSetVar MailErrorsTo webmaster@hzlabs.de
>> ..
>>
>> Mailer: exim 4.x
>>
>> Problem: The mails do not have a date, which would be
>> very helpfull in same situations.
>>
>> Did i miss something or does MailErrorsTo never set a date?
>>

> When I use this feature, there is an SMTP date which is displayed
> in my mail client. When is this not sufficient?

There is no date in the mails i receive. In the mails headers
is no "Date:" field - see below. But there is a "Delivery-date:" field.

One mail client (mulberry) shows no date at all,
thunderbird shows some kind of default date (1.1.1970).

But may be some mailers use this "Delivery-date:" if there is no
"Date:" field?

So i guess i have to change something in the mail servers
configuration to set the date.

But anyway, my problem is solved, because I can look for the
"Delivery-date:" to see when the error has happened.

Thank you!

Helmut

[ASP-Error Mail]