Mailing List Archive

Apache::ASP Session Management Through Apache::Session
Hi,

I have been searching the mailing list archive for examples of
setting up Apache::ASP to use Apache::Session for the session
management. I have had little luck in finding information on
this.

We want to use Apache::Session for our session management because
we are running multiple web servers. Using a file system based
session management will not work for us.

What is the timeline for getting DBI based session management
into Apache::ASP?

Has anyone else set up Apache::ASP to use Apache::Session?

We currently have a system running that is using Apache::Session
but we are running into LOCK issues. I like the way that the
locks in Apache::ASP session management are designed. If our
scripts don't complete or the Apache request from the browser
gets killed unexpectedly (user reloading the page multiple times
or going to a new page without letting the other page start
are doing a RegisterCleanup call to add in some code to destroy
the session that we create but there are times that it doesn't
get run.

Let me know if you need more information for this.

Trevor

Re: Apache::ASP Session Management Through Apache::Session [ In reply to ]
Trevor Schellhorn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been searching the mailing list archive for examples of
> setting up Apache::ASP to use Apache::Session for the session
> management. I have had little luck in finding information on
> this.
>
> We want to use Apache::Session for our session management because
> we are running multiple web servers. Using a file system based
> session management will not work for us.
>
> What is the timeline for getting DBI based session management
> into Apache::ASP?
>
> Has anyone else set up Apache::ASP to use Apache::Session?

Why not try to set up an Apache::Session object in Script_OnStart ?

Regards,

Josh