Now in do_add.asp I want to do some stuff and after that want to
call add.asp again with the Params-hash so that I can refill the
add.asp-Form with data...
What is the best way to do it ?
I thought to use Session !! then Include with parameters !?
both seems unsuitale for this task or is it ?!

your proposals ?

tia

Re: passing $Request->Params() ? [ In reply to ]
Hi Tia,

> How to pass Params-hash to other script..what I want is :
>
> add.asp -----calls--> do_add.asp
>
> Now in do_add.asp I want to do some stuff and after that want to
> call add.asp again with the Params-hash so that I can refill the
> add.asp-Form with data...

what do you mean by "call"?

is it a link (<a href=..) in add.asp that points to do_add.asp
or do you include do_add.asp into add.asp via $Response->Include ()?

> What is the best way to do it ?
> I thought to use Session !! then Include with parameters !?
> both seems unsuitale for this task or is it ?!

Helmut

Re: passing $Request->Params() ? [ In reply to ]
I want add.asp to get the focus/be-executed (like it been typed in the url-bar, not like <a>-link),
but get the same data which was typed in the first-add.asp-FORM.
Like this :
add.asp ---> do_add.asp --> add.asp--.
I__________________|

|Hi Tia,
|

|> How to pass Params-hash to other script..what I want is :
|>
|> add.asp -----calls--> do_add.asp
|>
|> Now in do_add.asp I want to do some stuff and after that want to
|> call add.asp again with the Params-hash so that I can refill the
|> add.asp-Form with data...
|
|what do you mean by "call"?
|
|is it a link (<a href=..) in add.asp that points to do_add.asp
|or do you include do_add.asp into add.asp via $Response->Include ()?
|
|> What is the best way to do it ?
|> I thought to use Session !! then Include with parameters !?
|> both seems unsuitale for this task or is it ?!
|>

|Helmut

|For additional commands, e-mail: asp-help@perl.apache.org

-----
http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2004-12-08-004-32-OS-BZ-DT-0005
snip> MS Office is popular in the same way as heart disease is the most popular way to die.

Re: passing $Request->Params() ? [ In reply to ]
> I want add.asp to get the focus/be-executed (like it been typed in the
> url-bar, not like <a>-link), but get the same data which was typed in the
> first-add.asp-FORM.
> Like this :
> add.asp ---> do_add.asp --> add.asp--.
> I__________________|

no, not so clear, but anyway, you like data
created in add.asp to be accessable in do_add.asp
(or vice versa) - right?

add.asp:
..
my $params = { some hash };
..

do_add.asp:
..
my $params = { same hash}
..

- you can use a Session variable - as you stated - but be aware
of the 1024 byte limit of SDBM_File and that you assign the hash
in ONE step (for both see Apache::ASP man page)

..
$Session->{complex} = {data => $data}; # Write ok, all at once.
..

- you can also use the Storable module with "store" and "retrieve"
and some unique filename for the stored data
or a database like mysql etc.

Helmut

Re: passing $Request->Params() ? [ In reply to ]
sorry for not be able to describe it more clearly :")) (not native english speaker)
on the first invocation of do_add.asp data is available via $Request->Params()..
after that do_add.asp call again add.asp (via redirect or include !!!), now I want to pass this data to the newly
called add.asp.. and then again the same4
and was wondering does Session is suitable for such thing...:"( 1024 bytes is not a good news

Re: passing $Request->Params() ? [ In reply to ]
raptor@tvskat.net wrote:
> sorry for not be able to describe it more clearly :")) (not native english speaker)
> on the first invocation of do_add.asp data is available via $Request->Params()..
> after that do_add.asp call again add.asp (via redirect or include !!!), now I want to pass this data to the newly
> called add.asp.. and then again the same4
> and was wondering does Session is suitable for such thing...:"( 1024 bytes is not a good news

Sure, you could stuff the $Session with data like:

use File::Basename qw(basename);
$Session->{basename($0)} = $Request->Params;

and access it later the same method. Right on point though with 1024 bytes,
issue, but default is now MLDBM::Sync::SDBM_File which does not have this
limit, however if you do this alot consider DB_File or GDBM_File for StateDB
setting which can be faster for larger data sets.

Also consider $Server->Transfer() API to execute another script,
so you could see the current $Request->Params is still available.

Regards,

Josh

Re: passing $Request->Params() ? [ In reply to ]
|and access it later the same method. Right on point though with 1024 bytes,
|issue, but default is now MLDBM::Sync::SDBM_File which does not have this
|limit, however if you do this alot consider DB_File or GDBM_File for StateDB
|setting which can be faster for larger data sets.
]- I have been using Apache::ASP in the past..and have GDBM_File set in apache.conf :"))

|Also consider $Server->Transfer() API to execute another script,
|so you could see the current $Request->Params is still available.

|]- it seems that this is the solution to my problem...one thing is still causing me problems..
In the Script_OnStart() I parse the $Request->ServerVariables('SCRIPT_NAME') and use
the script_name to choose what template to use to render the HTML..
So in the this case the templete that will be used will be do_add.asp instead of add.asp
which is wrong....
How to solve that...?

Re: passing $Request->Params() ? [ In reply to ]
||Also consider $Server->Transfer() API to execute another script,
||so you could see the current $Request->Params is still available.
|
||]- it seems that this is the solution to my problem...one thing is still causing me problems..
|In the Script_OnStart() I parse the $Request->ServerVariables('SCRIPT_NAME') and use
|the script_name to choose what template to use to render the HTML..
|So in the this case the templete that will be used will be do_add.asp instead of add.asp
|which is wrong....
|How to solve that...?

]- i've manualy hardcoded my $script_name value to what i want in add.asp and it seems to
work this way.... In fact what is compiled from ASP.pm is one big script which includes
all ASP.pm stuff from global.asa isn't it ?

-----

Re: passing $Request->Params() ? [ In reply to ]
raptor@tvskat.net wrote:
> ||Also consider $Server->Transfer() API to execute another script,
> ||so you could see the current $Request->Params is still available.
> |
> ||]- it seems that this is the solution to my problem...one thing is still causing me problems..
> |In the Script_OnStart() I parse the $Request->ServerVariables('SCRIPT_NAME') and use
> |the script_name to choose what template to use to render the HTML..
> |So in the this case the templete that will be used will be do_add.asp instead of add.asp
> |which is wrong....
> |How to solve that...?
>
> ]- i've manualy hardcoded my $script_name value to what i want in add.asp and it seems to
> work this way.... In fact what is compiled from ASP.pm is one big script which includes
> all ASP.pm stuff from global.asa isn't it ?

No, global.asa is basically loaded as a module, but a module in the same
namespace as your scripts so you can access subs defined there and such.

Regards,

Josh

Re: passing $Request->Params() ? [ In reply to ]
raptor wrote:
> |and access it later the same method. Right on point though with 1024 bytes,
> |issue, but default is now MLDBM::Sync::SDBM_File which does not have this
> |limit, however if you do this alot consider DB_File or GDBM_File for StateDB
> |setting which can be faster for larger data sets.
> ]- I have been using Apache::ASP in the past..and have GDBM_File set in apache.conf :"))
>
> |Also consider $Server->Transfer() API to execute another script,
> |so you could see the current $Request->Params is still available.
>
> |]- it seems that this is the solution to my problem...one thing is still causing me problems..
> In the Script_OnStart() I parse the $Request->ServerVariables('SCRIPT_NAME') and use
> the script_name to choose what template to use to render the HTML..
> So in the this case the templete that will be used will be do_add.asp instead of add.asp
> which is wrong....
> How to solve that...?

Maybe parse $0 instead of the ServerVariables ?

--Josh