Mailing List Archive

Apache::ASP and PHP?
Howdy,

Is it possible to have a page parsed for both Apache::ASP and PHP?
Yes, I know mixing languages on a single page is poor form. But such
is the need for this project.

Ideally I would run the handler through the PHP interpreter first,
(followed by SSI, but I can work around that by using the php require
function) followed by Apache::ASP. I have tried to alter my
httpd.conf so that:

<Files ~ (\.htm|\.inc|\.phtml)>
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler Apache::ASP

The /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf file is like so:

<Files *.php>
SetOutputFilter PHP;INCLUDES
SetInputFilter PHP
LimitRequestBody 524288
</Files>

AddType application/x-httpd-php .phtml
Action application/x-httpd-php "/cgi-bin/php"

I am using cgi version of .phtml because of interoperablity issues
with PHP and Mapserver (open source GIS system).

Thanks for any leads.

Andrew Koebrick
Web Guy / Librarian
Department of Administration
State of Minnesota

Re: Apache::ASP and PHP? [ In reply to ]
Andrew Koebrick wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Is it possible to have a page parsed for both Apache::ASP and PHP?
> Yes, I know mixing languages on a single page is poor form. But such
> is the need for this project.
>
> Ideally I would run the handler through the PHP interpreter first,
> (followed by SSI, but I can work around that by using the php require
> function) followed by Apache::ASP. I have tried to alter my
> httpd.conf so that:
>
> <Files ~ (\.htm|\.inc|\.phtml)>
> SetHandler perl-script
> PerlHandler Apache::ASP
>
> The /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf file is like so:
>
> <Files *.php>
> SetOutputFilter PHP;INCLUDES
> SetInputFilter PHP
> LimitRequestBody 524288
> </Files>

Right, with mod_perl 2 / Apache 2 this seems theoretically possible.
But no framework has been created to make Apache::ASP work in this way.

Here is a link to how this can work with mod_perl generally:

http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/handlers/filters.html#C_PerlOutputFilterHandler_

Now if there is a mod_perl handler that is acting as an output filter, it could
certainly do some of the things that Apache::ASP->handler() does and create
an execution environment for script processing, but then this might be
a lot of work to get going.

Regards,

Josh