Well, if you answered Yes to both questions, submitting a success story is simple and easy.
Just download the success story template from
http://perl.apache.org/outstanding/success_stories/template.pod (not there yet),
fill it in and submit it to advocacy@perl.apache.org.

It's that simple!

The mod_perl Advocacy team
</Message>

http://gozer.ectoplasm.org/ F9BF E0C2 480E 7680 1AE5 3631 CB32 A107 88C3A5A5
Re: Suggested call for Success stories! [ In reply to ]
Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
> Hey, I'd like to gather thoughts around wording an email to
> modperl@perl.apache.org
> urging people to submit success stories.
>
> So, how about something along these lines:
>
> <Message>
> Is the company you are working for using mod_perl ?
> Is your no company listed here
> http://perl.apache.org/outstanding/success_stories/index.html ?
>
> Well, if you answered Yes to both questions, submitting a success story
> is simple and easy.
> Just download the success story template from
> http://perl.apache.org/outstanding/success_stories/template.pod (not
> there yet),
> fill it in and submit it to advocacy@perl.apache.org.
>
> It's that simple!
>
> The mod_perl Advocacy team
> </Message>

+1

In fact this should be sent to the modperl list every 2-3 months, since
people need to be reminded of that...

Also I had an additional input when I was posting this request at
use.perl.org. Many people for whom mod_perl 'just works' aren't on the
mailing list, so they will never see it. So use.perl.org usually is a
good place to cross-post this request (but probably at a lesser
repetition, so the post gets approved :)

Re: Suggested call for Success stories! [ In reply to ]
Stas Bekman wrote:
> Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
>
>>Hey, I'd like to gather thoughts around wording an email to
>>modperl@perl.apache.org
>>urging people to submit success stories.
>>
>>So, how about something along these lines:
>>
>><Message>
>>Is the company you are working for using mod_perl ?
>>Is your no company listed here
>>http://perl.apache.org/outstanding/success_stories/index.html ?
>>
>>Well, if you answered Yes to both questions, submitting a success story
>>is simple and easy.
>>Just download the success story template from
>>http://perl.apache.org/outstanding/success_stories/template.pod (not
>>there yet),
>>fill it in and submit it to advocacy@perl.apache.org.
>>
>>It's that simple!
>>
>>The mod_perl Advocacy team
>></Message>
>

> +1

Great, then I guess we need to get a nice and simple template written
and posted on perl.apache.org?

Another thing that could help would be to go thru the existing success
stories and make sure all those sites are still in business. Volounteers?

> In fact this should be sent to the modperl list every 2-3 months, since
> people need to be reminded of that...

Good idea!

Re: Suggested call for Success stories! [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:50:58 -0700
"Philippe M. Chiasson" <gozer@ectoplasm.org> wrote:

> Another thing that could help would be to go thru the existing success
> stories and make sure all those sites are still in business.
> Volounteers?

Do we really need to do that? While the business might not have been
a success their previous use of mod_perl was still a success right?

We should make sure all of the links to websites are still valid,
but other than that I don't see anything wrong with leaving the
story up.

The stories without URLs, for the most part, won't be researched
by anyone to see if they are still in business anyway . Also some of
the stories only list "my former employer", "one of my consulting
contracts", etc.

If everyone agrees with me on this I'd be more than willing to double
check all of the links and correct some of the English errors I
spotted. Is this section of the website in CVS that I can patch
against?

Re: Suggested call for Success stories! [ In reply to ]
Frank Wiles wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:50:58 -0700
> "Philippe M. Chiasson" <gozer@ectoplasm.org> wrote:
>

>>Another thing that could help would be to go thru the existing success
>>stories and make sure all those sites are still in business.
>>Volounteers?
>

> Do we really need to do that? While the business might not have been
> a success their previous use of mod_perl was still a success right?
>
> We should make sure all of the links to websites are still valid,
> but other than that I don't see anything wrong with leaving the
> story up.
>
> The stories without URLs, for the most part, won't be researched
> by anyone to see if they are still in business anyway . Also some of
> the stories only list "my former employer", "one of my consulting
> contracts", etc.

I agree with Frank.

+1 to keep all the stories intact, just to remove the URLs if they are
dead and can't be adjusted.

> If everyone agrees with me on this I'd be more than willing to double
> check all of the links and correct some of the English errors I
> spotted. Is this section of the website in CVS that I can patch
> against?

Yup, there are .txt files in
modperl-docs/src/outstanding/success_stories/
(they get translated to pod by running ./make.pl in that directory)
and there is a related
modperl-docs/src/outstanding/sites.html
in case you want to review it as well.

Re: Suggested call for Success stories! [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 11:21:19 -0700
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> wrote:

> I agree with Frank.
>
> +1 to keep all the stories intact, just to remove the URLs if they are
>
> dead and can't be adjusted.
>
> > If everyone agrees with me on this I'd be more than willing to
> > double check all of the links and correct some of the English
> > errors I spotted. Is this section of the website in CVS that I
> > can patch against?
>
> Yup, there are .txt files in
> modperl-docs/src/outstanding/success_stories/
> (they get translated to pod by running ./make.pl in that directory)
> and there is a related
> modperl-docs/src/outstanding/sites.html
> in case you want to review it as well.

Sounds good I'll review both of them over the weekend.