reasones I don't want to use Evolution.
What is the better applications for my laptop for store contacts, agenda
and etc. which can be syncronized with my n900?
Re: n900 and laptop with Debian: what application to use on laptop for syncing? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2012-03-23 at 10:03 +0000, James Brown wrote:
> I have n900 and laptop(s) with Debian Squeeze (with Gnome 2.3.20).
> As my main e-mail client on my laptop I use Icedove (v. 3.0.11). By some
> reasones I don't want to use Evolution.
> What is the better applications for my laptop for store contacts, agenda
> and etc. which can be syncronized with my n900?

See https://wiki.maemo.org/Sync

andre
--
Andre Klapper (maemo.org bugmaster)
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/

Re: n900 and laptop with Debian: what application to use on laptop for syncing? [ In reply to ]
On 23.03.2012 10:16, Andre Klapper wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-03-23 at 10:03 +0000, James Brown wrote:
>> I have n900 and laptop(s) with Debian Squeeze (with Gnome 2.3.20).
>> As my main e-mail client on my laptop I use Icedove (v. 3.0.11). By some
>> reasones I don't want to use Evolution.
>> What is the better applications for my laptop for store contacts, agenda
>> and etc. which can be syncronized with my n900?
>
> See https://wiki.maemo.org/Sync
>
> andre

Thank you, but as I see there are no useful information for me.
As a paranoid I don't use such thins as 'Google Calendars', 'Ovi' and etc.
Re: n900 and laptop with Debian: what application to use on laptop for syncing? [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 2012-03-24 at 12:58 +0000, James Brown wrote:
> > See https://wiki.maemo.org/Sync

> Thank you, but as I see there are no useful information for me.
> As a paranoid I don't use such thins as 'Google Calendars', 'Ovi' and etc.

If https://wiki.maemo.org/Sync#Desktop_sync is not useful I am afraid
that there is no help.

andre

Re: n900 and laptop with Debian: what application to use on laptop for syncing? [ In reply to ]
Le 24. 03. 12 13:58, James Brown a écrit :
> On 23.03.2012 10:16, Andre Klapper wrote:
>> On Fri, 2012-03-23 at 10:03 +0000, James Brown wrote:
>>> I have n900 and laptop(s) with Debian Squeeze (with Gnome 2.3.20).
>>> As my main e-mail client on my laptop I use Icedove (v. 3.0.11). By some
>>> reasones I don't want to use Evolution.
>>> What is the better applications for my laptop for store contacts, agenda
>>> and etc. which can be syncronized with my n900?
>> See https://wiki.maemo.org/Sync
>>
>> andre
> Thank you, but as I see there are no useful information for me.
> As a paranoid I don't use such thins as 'Google Calendars', 'Ovi' and etc.
There still is Funambol that you can install on your computer (or on a
local server). I've tried it for months. It worked great. It work for
contacts, calendar, and tasks. The advantage for paranoids like some of
us is that permit to synchronize with a lot of other devices or
softwares. And if you need to do something else with it... well, it's
free software.
Hope that helps (and excellent question about the IMEI)
Thonacd

PS: For the IMEI, maybe looking in Debian networks tools (you install
.deb on N900) or maybe what they say about IMEI on telecomix.org . Happy
Hacking! ;-)

Happy Hacking! ;-)
Re: n900 and laptop with Debian: what application to use on laptop for syncing? [ In reply to ]

Re: n900 and laptop with Debian: what application to use on laptop for syncing? [ In reply to ]
If running your own server is an option for you, you can quite easily
set up your own CalDAV/CardDAV server.
I can recommend davical on debian, using the sync-evolution GUI on the
n900 (documentation for the command line tools seems to be dated).
Owncloud might be of interest as well as it integrates a CalDAV service
and offers a nice web-interface.
OFC you want to encrypt your connections using SSL.

There are plenty of desktop clients available (kontact, evolution,
thunderbird through plugins)…icedove should be work I'd guess.

NB: you can always run a local server just on your laptop.

--
Philipp Haselwarter

Re: n900 and laptop with Debian: what application to use on laptop for syncing? [ In reply to ]
If you need a service of some sort to help broker the synchronization, you
may want to check out memotoo.com. They pretty much work with everything,
but on the N900, syncevolution is the way to go. They even provide
instructions for setting it up.