Or at least in certain applications (emacs…)?

--
Philipp Haselwarter

Re: Sticky Fn/modifier keys [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Mon, 06 Jun 2011 11:05:06 +0200, Philipp Haselwarter <philipp.haselwarter@gmx.de> wrote:
> Is there any way to make Fn (and possibly Shift and Ctrl) sticky all
> over the desktop, not just in the terminal?
> Or at least in certain applications (emacs…)?

I am also interested but sadly I did not find it yet.

/Xavier
Re: Sticky Fn/modifier keys [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 6 Jun 2011, Philipp Haselwarter wrote:

> Is there any way to make Fn (and possibly Shift and Ctrl) sticky all
> over the desktop, not just in the terminal?
> Or at least in certain applications (emacs…)?

How do you use emacs? The sticky shift and Fn keys work in xterm, and so
in programs that run in xterm. Ctrl is not sticky.

On the N900, the implementation of sticky keys is in gtk input method
(and in hildon-desktop for "pressing a number on the desktop opens the
dialer"), so it should work for programs using this method, but not for
programs that take their input from X directly.

Xkb also has sticky keys, so you could use that and have it work in all
programs, but this option of Xkb is not well documented.

--
Matan Ziv-Av. matan@svgalib.org